PDA

View Full Version : 2000 High Elves of VICTORY (possibly)

Tanladar
18-07-2005, 21:23
Heres my high elf list. Im currently in the process of painting it up. I've messed around with it quite a bit and figured this is the "Standard" list I will use. I've considered boosting the spearman ranks to 24 each, but in order to do that, i'd have to drop too much.. :(

Here are a few things...

Mage equipment, any one know any better combos? Of course, the life mage will choose the spells, depending on what the terrain make up is! :) Haha.

The point of the silver helms is for flanking, command units really all that important? Same with the Heavy Armour (I like the look of shields :P) is it worth it?

My rulebook is missing (I have a time share... lmao) and I honestly can not remember, the silver helms are a touchy subject with my memory right now.

Enough with the crap! Here it is!

Archmage @ 320 Pts
Level 4; Lore of High, Dispell Scroll, Guardian Phoenix, Silver Wand, Channeler

Mage @ 170 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Life, Seer, Channeler

Commander @ 126 Pts *With Swordmasters*
Heavy Armour; Shield, Pure of Heart, Sword of Might, Ring of Corin

19 Swordmasters @ 297 Pts
Full Command, War Banner

20 SpearElves @ 250 Pts
Full Command, Shields

20 SpearElves @ 250 Pts
Full Command, Shields

6 Silver Helms @ 159 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

6 Silver Helms @ 173 Pts

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers @ 200 Pts

1 Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 81

Total Army Cost: 1999

What kind of armies could defeat it? Etc, post your inquiries / questions / omg u nubs here!

:)

rune
19-07-2005, 00:03
6 Silver Helms @ 159 Pts

6 Silver Helms @ 173 Pts

How is 2 of the same have 2 different points cost? a typo? :)

it's a good list, strong magic and infantry based. I myself am finally coming around to accepting that in order to play any elven army composed mostly of infantry one needs powerful magic/magic defense. It even trumps shooting.. with bows and crossbows, anyways. I used to be a fan of the 2 scrolls standard 'try to get through the game intact' level 1 mage, but no longer. Now I prefer to bring at least a level 2 and a level 1, if not a level 4 and a level 1.

fubukii
19-07-2005, 00:27
i wouldnt suggest taking lore of light over high magic. First of all you lose drain magic :(

ALl high magic spells are good. Fortune is fickle is probably one of them ost annoyin spells in the list ^.^ And yea id upgrade the helms with a 2+save rather then a 3. Str 4 attacks giving you a 50% chance to fail is kinda iffy, much rather have that extra insurance so to speak.

Tanladar
19-07-2005, 22:20
Part of the idea behind the lore of life, was that... say for example, I am playing Empire. He happens to position his warmachines near some rocks. I can then select to use Stone Master spell with the lvl 2 mage, and unleash 2D6 str4, or even possibly 3d6 on their crew. It just seems like a nice ability, to be able to whip out at random stuff from trees and rocks just seems pretty awesome particularily if you are facing warmachines, or other units with potential vulnerabilities.

Yah, thats definitely a typo. Each horseman squad is supposed to be 173 each.