PDA

View Full Version : first try at TK - 2000 pts

jahorin
06-02-2007, 12:11
so this is it. i will play my first game using the undead forces of khemri. i've never played with undead before. my opponent will be fielding either dwarves, chaos or ogres.

so here's the list.

{edit : i've made a couple of change with the comments }

liche high priest, hierophant - hieratic jar, cloak of dunes (290 pts)

liche priest - DP (140 pts)

tomb prince, general - flail, LA, shield, chariot, chariot of fire (176 pts)

icon bearer - LA, banner of the hidden dead* (127 pts)

heavy skeleton horseman (x6) (96 pts)
(hidden w/ banner)

skeleton warriors (x24) - LA,shield, champion, standard (236 pts)

skeleton warriors (x25) - LA,shield, champion, standard (245 pts)

tomb scorpion (x1) - (85 pts)

ushabti (x4) - (260 pts)

chariots (x3) - standard : banner of undying (165 pts)

screaming skull catapult (90 pts)

screaming skull catapult (90 pts)

total : 2000 pts.
DP : 5 + 1 scroll
model in the army : 82

the scorpion will be ICFB if i play against dwarves, against another opponent it will be on the flank with the BSB and the ushabti. the rest will charge heads on, with the heavy horseman charging in the back of my opponent's big unit.

comments are most welcome since this is my first try of playing with the dead.

dominic_carrillo
06-02-2007, 17:46
i think you should play more archers and some tomb gaurd. let me know how this list performs because i have never played a liche high priest in 2000 pts.

pcgamer72
06-02-2007, 19:15
I think that the unit of 15 skellies is kind of small. These guys are there to stick around and keep your opponents units tied up, but you're looking at losing these guys pretty quickly I think. I'd be tempted to drop the Archers and bolster up this unit.

dominic_carrillo
06-02-2007, 20:27
the only time i play skeletons is when i play archers. id rather play tomb gaurd, theyre better.

jahorin
06-02-2007, 23:06
thanks for the input guys.
here's the change i made.

dropped : the carrion, the skeleton archers, and the steed for the liche priest and icon bearer.

added : a second SSC, more skeleton w/ hw, shield.

i've edited the list accordingly. the HLP will start the game near the SSC to make them fire in the magic phase. later in the game, he'll fly closer to combat to support the rest of the army.

what do you think? does it stand a fighting chance?

dominic_carrillo
06-02-2007, 23:48
i always play archers. theyre good, and a big unit can tie up opponents
you should have tomb gaurd and archers as your infantry.

jahorin
06-02-2007, 23:54
to add tomb guard, i would need to drop the ushabti, and this would leave the chariot as the only fast unit. thanks for your input.

but for this game, i'll try the ushabti. i like the fact that they are S6, so it's -3 save. sure it's not the KB from the tomb guard, but i think that they can hit better against ogres (if my opponents field them)

EndlessBug
07-02-2007, 01:01
I'd drop the heavy Cavalry and go for another tomb scorpion, insanely nasty War machine and mage hunters! with the 11 pts make both the skeletons 25 strong.

jahorin
07-02-2007, 01:19
what do you do with the banner of the hidden dead?
drop it?
change the icon bearer for another LP?

thanks for your comments.

pcgamer72
07-02-2007, 03:05
Heck, if you drop the BSB, you could add another unit of 3 chariots. Then I think you're looking at a very solid list.

jahorin
07-02-2007, 13:00
hummm.... does sound tempting... very tempting i must say. i guess i'll decide at the last moment on the morning of the game.

thanks for the input.

jahorin
11-02-2007, 14:13
just to tell a bit on how the list performed.

it did get ok for a first game with the TK. i was playing against dwarves with an anvil. and i manage to get a draw not too bad. the ushabti are great when they are near the BSB.

the high priest with the SSC crew is quite nice, and with the cloak he can go more into combat later on.

overall, i realy like my first experience and i will keep this list for further tweaking and improoving.

thansk for the inputs.

EndlessBug
11-02-2007, 14:17
I'd go skulls of the foe on the screaming skull catapults. -1 to the leadership they're taking is a nice little addition.