PDA

View Full Version : O&G All Cavalry Army???

EvilIncarnate
06-02-2007, 13:43
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has use an all O&G cavalry army? If so, how did it do? Do you use giants and chariots? What are some must have magic items in an all cavalry army?

Thank you

Avian
06-02-2007, 14:26
I have run all fast stuff previously in 6th edition and such a themed army is next on my list once I feel that I have run with an all-goblin list for long enough. A Wyvern rider actually works decently well with an all fast army, since he will be closer to his units and you can more easily set up combo charges from multiple directions.

I would consider the Staff of Sneaky Stealin' and the Waaagh! Banner to be pretty compulsory. The former to get a few DD, since you are probably not going to use the Spirit-totem, and the latter to get an extra edge with movement.

warlord hack'a
06-02-2007, 15:16
max out on chariots and maybe even take one or two characters in chariots for a total of 5 or 6 chariots, get some boar boyz in a small unit and some big blocks of wolfriders or spiderriders for the rank bonus. and a giant works wonders as well as he is very mobile

sephiroth87
06-02-2007, 17:21
I've seen two different versions where I play. Mine is one, with 4 boar chariots, 4 snotling pump wagons, Grom the Paunch, spider riders, and a lot of magic users. It works pretty well against anything that doesn't have cannons or kroxigors. If they do, I'm toast.

The other list I've seen uses savage orc boarboyz, lots of spider riders, 2 chariots, and all the characters are mounted on either wolves or boars, along with a giant. Again, it's hit or miss, but I think it works better than my list in actual game terms.

warpoet
06-02-2007, 18:02
What about all gobbo? I was thinking of doing that.

I'd include a doom diver modeled to look mobile, and a giant. I guess you could model spearchukkas on sleds to keep the effect of an army on the move that still played well.

Jonahmaul
07-02-2007, 17:00
Think you lose the effect of the army any time you try & make something mobile that is essentially non-mobile ie. Doom Diver. If you wanna do a themed army keep it that way IMO.