PDA

View Full Version : Disc's of Tzeentch?

DesertDirge
06-02-2007, 13:47
I never see these anymore... is there a reason?

I was thinking of making a list with my lord or hero on one, So how can I use it effectively?

Thanks!
Jeff

Mephistofeles
06-02-2007, 14:08
To me is seems as most Tzeentch players put their lords on them, or their wizards, either seems to work fine.

cold0
06-02-2007, 14:28
I always play a Exalted Champion of Tzeentch in my Chaos Undivided Mortal Army. It's quite effective: level 2 Wizard, strong melee fighter and flyer with 15" (He can even float over and shoot magic over his allied units). Generally I give him the Golden Eye, an Enchanted Shield (just to add more protetion after the charge), a flail or 2-handed weapon and use it to kill war machines, small units or as support for other units.

DesertDirge
06-02-2007, 15:21
would you ever use two champs on discs?

cold0
06-02-2007, 15:34
Never, but it's more a points' problem (I usually play with only 2000 points) than choise. I usually play with the Chaos Undivided and I add an Tzeentch's unit plus the Exalted Champion with the disk.

Tzeentch's players generally use one or more Champions with the Disk. In Italy I have seen a proliferation of Tzeentch's Army based around a Tzeentch Lord+ Chaos Dragon+ Golden Orb even with 2000 points:mad:. The rest of the army is just ornamental, one simply wins or looses with his Lord/Dragon/Orb combo.

I think it's against the sporting spirit of the game, but it's just mine opinion.

pcgamer72
06-02-2007, 18:22
In Italy I have seen a proliferation of Tzeentch's Army based around a Tzeentch Lord+ Chaos Dragon+ Golden Orb even with 2000 points:mad:. The rest of the army is just ornamental, one simply wins or looses with his Lord/Dragon/Orb combo.

That guy will also have the Staff of Change, just for added fun.

I play Tzeentch, but I don't currently use anybody on a Disc. My lord and an Aspiring Champion are both in units, and I have an Exalted Champion that rides around with a unit of Chosen Knights.

A good many of the Tzeentch lists I see on Warseer contain a Disc, and I definitely think it's worth its points. It can really get you in some great positions. But it's not the only way to go by any means.

skyly
06-02-2007, 18:27
The point is that hes is very vulnerable to missile fire and there is only one golden eye to keep him pretty much safe when he is alone, any mount gets pretty much killed instantly when hes alone if he doesn't have the eye

sphincter man
06-02-2007, 21:20
i agree, i think the disc is well worth 45 points 3 wounds, movement 15, strength and toughness 5!!! i mean that's just great for a mount!
i would allways play atleast 1 character mounted on disc in my tzeentch army!