PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Chaos Army (2000 points Slaanesh)

Mephistofeles
06-02-2007, 20:22
Ok, here's a list I've been thinking about using for my next army, but before I even start thinking of buying the models for it, I want to run it through you my fellow warseerers and see what you think. Any and alla views and oppinions are welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slaanesh Chaos Army

Level 4 Exalted Sorcerer 350p
Mark of Slaanesh
Gaze of the Gods
Power Stone

Level 2 sorcerer 145p
Dispel Scroll

Level 2 sorcerer 170p
Power Familiar

Level 2 Sorcerer 135p
Spell Familiar

14 Chaos Warriors 240p
Full Command
Shield

14 Chaos Warriors 240p
Full Command
Shield

24 Marauders of Chaos 169p
Full Command
Flails

6 Marauder Horsemen 90p
Musician
Spears

6 Warhounds of Chaos 36p

6 Warhounds of Chaos 36p

10 Daemonettes 150p

10 Daemonettes 150p

10 Furies 150p

2 Spawns of Chaos 150p
Fiends of Slaanesh

Total: 2242 points
Models: 106
Magic: 13 power dice, 7 dispel dice.

sphincter man
06-02-2007, 21:09
not bad i have to say, i dont really use slannesh, im more of a tzeentch player, but this army looks good and has some room for alteration and flexability.
GO BUY DEM MODELS!!!!

Mazdug
06-02-2007, 23:20
Why are you running 14 strong units of warriors? I might drop the two spawn in favor of 5 mounted daemonnettes, which are much more fragile, but man oh man can they go, and they are very good at getting behind the enemy and flank charging the bejesus out of him (thats 10 attacks for the daemonettes, 5 poisoned attacks for the steeds, you cause fear, and the recieving unit is at -1 leadership, thats almost garunteed to break even the stoutest dwarven unit (excluding those filthy oathstone units, which are best dealt with by sacrificing a unit of warhounds to (they have to drop the stone as a charge response) and then ignoring for the rest of the game as they remain helplessly pinned in place.

EndlessBug
07-02-2007, 01:03
Why 10 daemonettes??? I'd go 5 mounted any day for the same cost!

I say replace the 2 units of 10 with 2 units of 5 mounted!

theDarkGeneral
07-02-2007, 03:34
Greetings Mephistofeles!

Hopefully I have some constructive thoughts...

*Chaos Sorcerer Lord: I think my big question here is he going to be stuck in Close Combat ever or just to cast Magic? If you plan on avoiding CC with him, then I'd go all out on the Magical Offense with him...Skull of Katam and 2 Powerstones would work...But if you don't mind getting "stuck in it", then I'd suggest the Chaos Daemon Sword and a Spell Familiar...

*Chaos Sorcerers: Often I recommend going for one or the other, Magical Offense or Defense...not both...it limits you and stretches both aspects...if you're looking to get your scrap on, then go with Magical Defesne, drop the Lvl 2 upgrades on all of them, and I'd even drop 1 or 2 of them...you have a lot of points tied up in Characters who are hard pressed to earn their points and not get killed...Power Familiar, Staff of Sorcery and Dipsel Scrolls are all good choices...

*Warriors of Chaos: Units of 14 really don't work well...hard pressed to win CC against normal High Elf Silver Helms...not good...I'd suggest combining the 2 units together for a unit of 18...upgrade them to Chosen status and take the very annoying Rapturous Standard...plant your General here and laugh at your foe...make sure they have the Mark of Slaanesh...

*Marauders of Chaos: They're ok, but not that great...if you want the most out of them, then drop the Flails because it's not too often they get to Charge something...Lt Armor and Shields w/FC and have them house a Sorcerer...or two...keep them as a Flank protecter of the Chosen I suggested...

*Marauder Horsemen: Nice, keeping with the Chosen Number of Slaanesh(6)...good sized and equipped ok, but Shields may help...

*Warhounds: I hate them...but I'll take a single unit...the occasionally will do something decent or entertain me...I don't like them for screens...more of a Fanatic/Volley Gun/Organ Gun/Ratling Gun bait...

*Daemonettes: Too small to be effective in late game play...i'd try to combine them into a single unit of 12 or 18 and keep them on the other Flank of the Chosen Warriors of Pleasure...

*Chaos Furies: Great unit, never leave home without them...

*Fiends of Slaanesh: Very good, able to charge in a 360 degree arc...great for protecting Flanks and Rears form annoying Tunnelers/Scouts/ETC...

The Army looks cool, and pretty well themed, but does lack punch...a single unit of 6 Mounted Daemonettes will greatly help the other fast units survive longer and perform better...Minotaurs are good, Chaos Ogres good, and Dragon Ogres rock...

Hope this helps...

Mephistofeles
07-02-2007, 19:17
Ok, I have now been considering all of these advices, and I think that I will take one unit of warriors but at 19 models (planning to go 5x4 housing a sorcerer), but chosen seems so darn expensive! I'm not very used to elite armies, so maybe I should just try it and see if it's worth the points...

I am planning on going all offensive with my magic, but a dispel scroll is never a bad investement, even if you wan't to go offensive. The skull of Katam and the staff are too expensive for what they do in my taste.

I will drop the flails on the marauders and give them shields instead, I usually think that defense is better than offense on such a unit as this, so I think that you may be right.

The reason why I wanted the daemonettes is because I already had the models, but I might take two units of 6 mounted instead of those 20 normal (I'll have some points over if I take one unit of 19 warriors instead of two of 14).

MarcoPollo
08-02-2007, 17:41
Chaos wariors are outperformed by marauders with la/hw/shield at equal point values.

Marauder horsmen are used to flank and bait. If they get shot up, shields are not going to help much. Flails is the way to go with them.

A good combo is to use chosen chaos knights and a unit of marauder horsemen of the flanks. You get some good matchups that way. Just watch out for big monsters on the same flank.

Mounted demonettes work better, and differently than regular demonettes for the same value. Look at the math and intangibles like speed. 10 regular demonettes give you 10 attacks, +1 Cr for a rank, M5 and US 10. 5 Mounted, you get 10 same attacks, 5 poisoned attacks first striking, M10, US 10, fast Cavalry status. The comparisions are clear and obvious.

The only time I would use the regular Demonettes is when I have a Demon army or I wanted to be able to outnumber with fear. Then I would use a unit of 20. But at 300 pts, that is a point sink. It gets no banner or champion unless it is a DL armie.

Mephistofeles
08-02-2007, 19:51
Chaos wariors are outperformed by marauders with la/hw/shield at equal point values.

Marauder horsmen are used to flank and bait. If they get shot up, shields are not going to help much. Flails is the way to go with them.

A good combo is to use chosen chaos knights and a unit of marauder horsemen of the flanks. You get some good matchups that way. Just watch out for big monsters on the same flank.

Mounted demonettes work better, and differently than regular demonettes for the same value. Look at the math and intangibles like speed. 10 regular demonettes give you 10 attacks, +1 Cr for a rank, M5 and US 10. 5 Mounted, you get 10 same attacks, 5 poisoned attacks first striking, M10, US 10, fast Cavalry status. The comparisions are clear and obvious.

The only time I would use the regular Demonettes is when I have a Demon army or I wanted to be able to outnumber with fear. Then I would use a unit of 20. But at 300 pts, that is a point sink. It gets no banner or champion unless it is a DL armie.

I know that equal points of marauders migh outperform the chaos warriors, but the fact is that chaos warriors hit harder and more than the marauders, even if the marauders can be more. I would never go for an army without warriors, but I would probably not go for an army without marauders either, they fill different battlefield roles.

The thing with the mounted daemonettes is that they can take half as much damage as the normal daemonettes at the same points value, that's what I don't like. A 30 point model with toughness 3 (it isn't 4, is it?) and "only" a 5+ ward is a bit harsh, but I will probably take them instead of the normal daemonettes anyway.