PDA

View Full Version : What size of games d you play?

2_heads_talking
06-02-2007, 21:29
I'm seriously tempted to get into this one, although at the moment money's a bit tight it does give me more time to think rather than buying it as a knee-jerk reaction. So, can someone answer some questions for me?

1. What size of games are normally played?

2. What is the average points values of the craft?

3. What kind of missions are available? I noticed Imperial AA guns and Manticores, etc. is it easy to play with these, or do they count as objectives to destroy?

Hope you don't mind the questions, thanks!

Tyra_Nid
06-02-2007, 23:52
1. What size of games are normally played?

Generally between 50 and 200. I've been running intro games of 48 points, which is enough for 2 T-Bolts, 3 Fightas or 4 Hell Blades (some of those have extra weapon loads)

2. What is the average points values of the craft?

I dont think we are meant to give out points values, but you might be able to work it out with my last sentence ;).

Those are the basic planes, bombers and the like get more pricey, and big things like the Manta are something like 4 T-Bolts! (iirc)

3. What kind of missions are available? I noticed Imperial AA guns and Manticores, etc. is it easy to play with these, or do they count as objectives to destroy?

There are a hell of a lot of missions. Air-vs-Air skirmishes, bombing missions, Evac missions, Troop insertions, etc etc.

The AA Guns and Manticores are just defences. Immobile, a couple of hits, and have fairly short effective ranges. Really just used for defence, otherwise planes can avoid them easily.

Hope you don't mind the questions, thanks!

No probs, hope i helped!

shaw3029
08-02-2007, 16:42
I was thinking about this game as well.

Say I wanted Orks for a force large enough to play roughly how much money are you looking at spending?

mageboltrat
08-02-2007, 19:19
Orks are quite cheap point wise. I would go with 4 fightaz and 2 fighta-bombaz to start with. This compares to 4 Thunderbolts

ml2sjw
08-02-2007, 20:37
for a general purpose able to complete most scenario's 36 will get you everything you need, 40-45 if you want a ocuple of ground defences aswell