PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Chaos v DE

boardbox
06-02-2007, 23:05
I'm playing a friend's dark elf army tomorrow. I'm using Archaon's horde as the army list. He likes to shoot a lot and favors magic. Any advice on how to alter the list or fill out the last few points would be appreciated.

Exalted Champion of Chaos
-Armour of Damnation
-Shield
-Mounted
148 pts

Chaos Sorceror
-Level 2
-Dispel Scroll
-Power Stone
170 pts

20 Chaos Warriors
-Full Command
-Halberds
-Shields
340 pts

4 Chaos Knights
132 pts

Chaos Chariot
120 pts

5 Warhounds
30 pts

5 Warhounds
30 pts

Total 970 pts

Makaber
07-02-2007, 02:31
The army is really easy to read, because it has so few elements, and only two of them are a threat on their own. The Knights, being a smallish unit and not chosen, are very limited in what they can do without support from other parts of the army. The Warriors is the obvious main threat, but is very slow and will spend a long, long time getting across the board, meaning a full third of your army will spend most of its time doing nothing.

Personally, I'd drop the Warriors (yes I know they are über cool, but they just don't work that well) and get a block of Marauders instead (much better value). For the points you save, try getting some Marauder fast cavalry to give the list some flexibility, or maybe a second Chariot, running them as a pair.

Honestly I think it's really hard to make Mortal lists, so that's the best I've got.