PDA

View Full Version : Scratchbuilt Hell Blade

Tyra_Nid
07-02-2007, 00:13
Put together a design for a plasticard Hell Blade yesterday afternoon... Will be using four of these in 48 pt demo games at the club to introduce some variety (and maybe get the Chaos players interested!).

I have a more detailed post with explanation here, on the Airspace AI forums (http://z8.invisionfree.com/Airspace/index.php?showtopic=149) (which are well worth a look!).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/tyra_nid/Aeronautica%20Imperialis/hellblade_scratch.jpg

Duckman
07-02-2007, 00:21
looks alright I'd have to see it painted up though

Malakai
07-02-2007, 03:35
Your mock up is super cool, but I can't help wondering that maybe 20usd is worth three of them compared to the time it took to mock that up. Still it's really nice and you've captured the aircraft's lines perfectly.

-Malakai

Tyra_Nid
07-02-2007, 08:10
maybe 20usd is worth three of them compared to the time it took to mock that up.

Ehe, thats what I consider... I mean, if i worked for the time instead of building then I could buy them in less time, but I enjoy the whole construction of them, so there are extrinsic rewards involved.

But anyway, the main time is in the design phase, I was able to pump out the basic shell of another three in an hour once I had the design and all.

Also, I would have had to spend 40USD if id wanted to use four ;)... only three per pack.

But yes. In a purely cost/benefit analysis, its not worth scratchbuilding most stuff, but its fun!

Sybaronde
07-02-2007, 09:50
What kind of materials do you use? I'm not sure what plasti-card is.

Christine
07-02-2007, 10:49
Nice :) I just discovered the joy of plasticard and have been building single engine imperial fighters. Terribly good fun :)

New Cult King
07-02-2007, 13:27
You are insane. And I mean that in a good way.

My efforts with plasticard end up looking like a pre-schooler's art project.

mattjgilbert
07-02-2007, 13:29
What kind of materials do you use? I'm not sure what plasti-card is.You can buy plasti-card in most hobby shops. It's like, well, plastic card! You buy sheets of it in varying thicknesses and sizes (e.g. A4 or letter size, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm thick etc...)

Cool work BTW Tyra_Nid :)