PDA

View Full Version : B.vs.WE. HELP!!!

adamstronach
07-02-2007, 00:05
I play Bretonians and I'm in a campaign and a Wood Elves play're is about to do all he can do to destroy me. I need help and soon.

Highborn
07-02-2007, 02:27
Any more information? What sort of army does he use? Any special rules for the campaign?

adamstronach
07-02-2007, 03:22
allies help out & he has a really shooty(lots of really good shooting) army

Jack of Blades
07-02-2007, 15:23
allies help out & he has a really shooty(lots of really good shooting) army

I dont have much experience with Brets/WE, but you should take many Pegasus Knights and as many Peasant Archers with those Braziers and Stakes as is allowed. Probably take one unit with your Lord and a BSB with some nice banner and 12 other knights to use as a hammer unit, and that unit would be screened on the flanks by two units of 6 knights each with a level 2 Damsel kitted for Offence in it. Take the lore thats best for giving movement and to screen against missile fire/damage skirmishers or similar. Now, I dont remember if the Brets got an extra Character Slot or not, but if they do, you want to put a Hero into those Pegasus Knights OR add another Damsel (id go for the latter personaly).

Could you give us his and your armies?

adamstronach
07-02-2007, 21:24
his no, mine here it is- I don't have one thats why I ask for help

blahblahblah
09-02-2007, 00:40
lol, well how about a list of what you have available, then maybe we could help try to put a list together from what you have?

adamstronach
09-02-2007, 02:08
I have-
1 lord
1 damsel
1 mounted damsel
1 BSB
1 paladin
1 paladin on pegasus
15 men at arms
40 archers
32 knights of realm
1 trebuchet
King Louen Leonceur

when I said "I don't have one" I meant list

druchii
09-02-2007, 05:32
I dont have much experience with Brets/WE, but you should take many Pegasus Knights and as many Peasant Archers with those Braziers and Stakes as is allowed. Probably take one unit with your Lord and a BSB with some nice banner and 12 other knights to use as a hammer unit, and that unit would be screened on the flanks by two units of 6 knights each with a level 2 Damsel kitted for Offence in it. Take the lore thats best for giving movement and to screen against missile fire/damage skirmishers or similar. Now, I dont remember if the Brets got an extra Character Slot or not, but if they do, you want to put a Hero into those Pegasus Knights OR add another Damsel (id go for the latter personaly).

Could you give us his and your armies?

First off, NO CHARACTERS MAY EVER JOIN PEGASUS KNIGHTS! EVER.

:D

Peasant archers are terrible against wood elves. They're half the points, true, but they're not half as good. They'll get shot to bits by the evil Glade Guard, and not show much for it.

If you want screens, use Yeomen. Unfortunately you don't have any. They're a quite useful unit for soaking up some fire for a turn or two, and they're only 80 odd points for a unit of five with a musician.

Take knights. His S4 shooting really won't do much against your might 16" move and 2+ AS. jack is right, though, take pegasus knights. Five is preferable (they have to lose two whole models before they take a panic test, and my PKs are notorious for unning off of the board at the first sign of a slight breeze.) If you're going to grab some magic, grab the lore of life. The howler wind, master of stone/wood, and rain lord are just absolutely incredible against WEs.

His units will not be able to cope with your ranks and static CR. Get big units, and use yeomen to screen them. Even with the yeomen dead, you should have knights surviving to charge the cowardly archers on the other end of the board.

Remember, if a missile unit is charged by a unit under half its charge range, OR from within a quadrant that it cannot see, IT MAY NOT STAND AND SHOOT.

For the lady.
d

adamstronach
12-02-2007, 00:31
thanks for the advice, any more

nieto666
26-02-2007, 03:45
find out if hes fielding wild riders. i play wood elves alot and i luv to lure knights in on my center where i keep my glade guard and force the knights to make a choice reform and face my wild riders on the right or left or charge my glade guard and hope they dont get flanked!! example of what happened last week at a 1000 pts tournie i fielded 20 glade in the center hidden in woods a noble with each unit hail of doom arrow, magic arrows mind u, and the bow of athel loren, also magic. 5 wild riders my left flank, 8 glade riders right flank 2 10 dyrad squads 1 left 1 right. the knights marched the 1st turn and i hit them with a hail of arrows concertrating fire on 1 squad moved up the dyrads furhter out left and right and did the same with my cav. his turn he didnt know what to do turn and except my charges from my dyrads and cav or charge the glade guard in the wood. he choose to charge i stood and shoot and killed more each ten man squad lost about 3 each he was havin a bad day. i used my cav to hit him in the rear and sent my dyrads after his men at arms and archer peasants, who had yet to shoot mind u. this guy claimed to be playin for years he destroyed the first two armies he came up aginst but by the third turn it was all over my wild riders hit him, they cause fear on the charge ws 5 magic attacks str 5 on the chargeand two attacks in prolonged combat!!!:) the glade riders arnt as good but the best thing to with them is hit fast and get out, u so much look at these guys and they die. the dyrads easily took care of the peasants causeing fear on one unit and killin many causeing them to flee!! the other unit made their ld and stood their ground. the knights broke and that was that as one might say, now he didnt have pk or any damsels. the best thing u can do to wood elves is not let yourself be out moved and dont take the bait of the glade guard yeah theyll sooner or later pick your knights apart but comon lets be real a 2+ sv is nothin to laugh at deal with his cav and skirmishers first then worry about the archers