PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop standard WE army.

Alex Under
07-02-2007, 15:31
Well; it was time I started painting my latest army, since I'm bored of playing Chaos, I really wanted the WE painted fast, so I've decided to speed paint to achieve a tabletop standard so I can start playing a painted army ASAP. I hope to keep this thread running and upload new pics each 3 or 4 days.

My first pics are of my Spellsinger and my WIP glade guards (will be a unit of 10). The only thing left to do on the SS is to add a bit of static grass to the base.

C&C are welcome, please bear in mind everything you see is speed-painted; the SS took me just over an hour.

god octo
07-02-2007, 17:14
for speed pinting its very good. I love the colourscheme on the spellsinger- it looks very wintery.

Alex Under
08-02-2007, 09:58
Thanx for the feedback. :) I like the colour scheme too, but I'm not too sure if I want to use it on the GG, as it's true that it does look wintery and I wouldn't like that overall look for the whole army. Any ideas for the GG anyone?

I don't like using the typical colours, I'm looking for something different, that's why the idea of using blue as it has nothing to do with the traditional colours, but I don't want to make them look wintery... Let's see what I come up with... :eyebrows:

As a small update, since I'm not too sure what to do with the GG, I've started putting together a unit of 9 dryads + a branchwraith. I'll try and paint the unit next friday and I'll post the pics a soon as I'm finished. I'm going for an eerie look, with dark skin and autumn-red leaves.

Arhalien
08-02-2007, 12:20
Speed-painting? Table top standard? That's better than I manage to achieve painting to my best abilities! (although that's probably more a comment on me than you :D). Ok,. maybe I;m exaggerating a bit, but a whole army painted to that standard will look excellent on the table. I really like the hair on the SS; nice and different.

Keep it up!

god octo
08-02-2007, 17:02
with your colour scheme, you could make them live near to the river that runs through Athel Loren. Then they could be mostly blue, but you wouldnt have to make them look "cold" and you could add in warmer colours and nice bases.

dave is the best
08-02-2007, 17:11
They are amazing seeing though they are speed painted.

Dave[dice0]

Alex Under
08-02-2007, 22:53
Well, the dryads are already setup, it's raining at the moment so I can't get them primed till tomorrow (if lucky) I'll upload some pics as soon as they're finished.

@god octo: Great idea! I hadn't thought about it, the water/river idea is giving me tons of possibilities. Cheers!

@Arhalien @dave is the best: Thanks for your kind comments, hope you like the future pics!

Alex Under
11-02-2007, 19:32
I've been real busy witth other stuff, but last night I finally had a chance to start painting the dryads and almost finishing them too. I only need to base another 5 and stick some static grass on these ones.

I'm not too happy with the pics, they are basecoated in chaos black and then I used a coat of blue wash. The blue wash gives them a real eerie colour when it reflects the light, with hints of like a reddish copper and dark blue. Any way, as usual, they are speed painted, I could add more detail, but I really want to paint this army soon. C&C more than welcome! :)

god octo
11-02-2007, 20:35
I like the dryads very much- they look almost ghostly. And for speedpainting, they are amazingly well done!

Anardakil
11-02-2007, 20:42
Very cool dryads. THey sure look eerie. The bright faces was a gre4at idea.
I deally don't like the bases though.