PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Priest Question

Yade
07-02-2007, 19:10
The warrior priest in the Empire list has an ability that allows him to do d6 str 5 hits to each unit in base to base with him. How would that work if he was base to base with a unit that had a lord or hero, in the unit, positioned so that the hero was touching the base of the warrior priest?

Atrahasis
07-02-2007, 19:27
There's no way to handle it except to assume that it is distributed like shooting.

Yade
07-02-2007, 19:30
Could the priest direct the prayer? If distributed like shooting and the unit is large enough it is possible that the independent character wont be affected at all?

Mephistofeles
07-02-2007, 19:41
It's distributed exactly like shooting. This means that as long as there are more than five "normal" models in the unit, the character/hero can't be hit, but if there are less models, then the hits are randomized.

Atrahasis
07-02-2007, 19:42
Like I say, the rules aren't clear. For once page 3 actually applies.

It's distributed exactly like shooting.The rules don't say that.

Vattendroppe
08-02-2007, 05:23
But as you said yourself, "... assume that it is distributed like shooting.".

I think it's rather clear that it has to be distrubuted like shooting.

ffarsight
08-02-2007, 08:12
I think the prayer says each enemy model in base contact takes a st5 hit and if undead takes st6 hit, isnīt it?

jullevi
08-02-2007, 10:49
I think the prayer says each enemy model in base contact takes a st5 hit and if undead takes st6 hit, isnīt it?

Your reply is wrong in at least 3 ways...

Each unit in base contact with the priest takes d6 S4 hits (S5 for undead, daemons and forest spirit). Assuming the character is part of the unit, he cannot be targeted separately as per page 110 of the rulebook. Also, according to same page, when any spell that inflicts a number of hits or wounds on a target unit, these are distributed in the same way as hits from normal shooting, unless differently specified in the spell's description.

ffarsight
08-02-2007, 10:58
ok, sorry about that, i didnīt remember accuratly.

you are right, damn.... :D