PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts in need of some tweaking

Iziuth
08-02-2007, 06:59
Hi all, alfter soem rather poor results using my chaos army I've decided to go back to my wood elves. I've got a game on saturday and I wanted soem adviced on my army list as it is at the moment.

Lord:
Highborn; greatweapon, lightarmour, amber pendant, annoyance of netlings, helm of the hunt, elynett's brooch.

Heroes:
Spellsinger; lvl2, ranu heartstone, hail doom arrow.

Spellsinger; lvl2, dispelscroll, beffuddlement of mischiefs.

noble; battlestandardbearer, warbanner.

Core:
10 Gladeguard; musician, standardbearer.

19 Eternalguard; full command.

12 dryads; branch nymph

6 Gladeriders

Special:
8 wardancers; full command.

Rare:
Treeman.

The general plan is to have the lord and BsB in the unit eternalguard, which will get the following benefits, stubborn, reroll fail psychology test and break test at ld 10 and an extra +1 combatresolution. The skirmisher are there to support this unit.

The problem is thar I'm going to be playing against Orcs and Goblins and have no sacrificial unit. I'm thinking orf maybe getting an Eagle but this list is already 2003 pts and I don't want to weaking any units in number as I have so few already. So any advice on army selection or tactics will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ffarsight
08-02-2007, 08:53
hi, it looks ok, i think you should take out 1 unit of glage Guard and get another unit of Glade riders, you need mobility.

I think you should do this:

1 - unit glade Guard
2 - units Glade riders (5)
2 - units Dryads (8/9)

the rest is ok.

colnagoing
09-02-2007, 06:10
Highborn; greatweapon, lightarmour, amber pendant, annoyance of netlings, helm of the hunt, elynett's brooch.

Certainly a good character...but your noble in the EG is certainly more than enough. Give the BSB annoyance and the unit will be fine on its own.

Spellsinger; lvl2, ranu heartstone, hail doom arrow.

Spellsinger; lvl2, dispelscroll, beffuddlement of mischiefs.

Hail of doom is best suited to a noble, they hit a whole lot better than a mage can. put it on the highborn and you will be fine.

noble; battlestandardbearer, warbanner.

Ok, but he is ok on his own if he has annoyance of the nettlings instead of the warbanner

Drop the musician and std bearer, they should never enter combat...and by never i mean if the mages are charging in...then its ok.

19 Eternalguard; full command.

Good

12 dryads; branch nymph

Good

6 Gladeriders

Good, though give them a musician so that they can just flee a charge and rally the next turn. An alternative to an eagle if you cant find the points

8 wardancers; full command.

Gotta love these guys, though 7 is enough...you wont really get use out of that last guy in the second rank when you form up for combat

Treeman.

Treemen are a solid unit in any WE army. Definately a keeper.

If you are hunting for points for an eagle, drop the std bearers and musicians from the GG and hail of doom. you will also be able to then buy a shield for your highborn. I would also strongly reccomend wild riders, they are fast cav that cause fear...if you get a flank charge they will likely run and get run down. use fear tactics and the terrain to force him between a rock and a hard place.