PDA

View Full Version : How does an undivided mark go with a marked army?

bigbear bailey
08-02-2007, 12:33
I mean like if my lord is nurgle then why whould the undivided be with them? I mean would papa like all the guys to be his or is it meant to make it look like not all of them have got him mark....

Thanks for the help as I am trying to make a themed army but nurgel marks are so many points....

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 13:16
Papa wouldn't have blessed them, but he would tollerate them

bigbear bailey
08-02-2007, 14:39
no I mean does it go themed with them? I mean why do they let you take undivided if your general is nurgle? I mean shouldn't the rules state that if you take a mark then thats all you can have other then no marks? Or do they just do it for game machs..

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 15:02
It goes with it due to two reasons

1. Background, Undivided worships the whole of chaos, and such, an army including Nurgle elements but with undivided units could be seen as an undivided warband turning more and more towards Nurgle

2. Tactics, I might not want to spend an extra 50 points for my unit of Chosen

Garanaul the Black
08-02-2007, 20:25
1. Background, Undivided worships the whole of chaos, and such, an army including Nurgle elements but with undivided units could be seen as an undivided warband turning more and more towards Nurgle

That and maybe Papa Nurgle thinks he can persuade the Undivided members of his army to see things his way.....

G

Mephistofeles
08-02-2007, 20:56
Undivided worship all the gods, but at the moment, they will probably be more into Nurgle, since they are running alongside his daemons and warriors.

They can also be used to represent warriors who have turned to Nurgle but have not yet proved themselves enough to be blessed by grannie N...

Warwolt the skaven
08-02-2007, 20:56
OR he just wants a bigger horde ^^

Unwise
08-02-2007, 22:55
The undivided ones could simply be another tribe/warband seperate to your nurgle cultists. You lord wants to sack a city and thinks he needs some assistance, so he calls up his mate Bob The Barbarian Chieftan to come join him. Why would the other chaos guys not want to sack the city with the Nurgle cult?

I base many of my armies around being from two distinct trible/clans/states etc. One lord is painted up in a certain colour scheme, his allies are painted in another. I think it actually adds to the flavour of the army rather than detract from it.