PDA

View Full Version : Is there a rule about Terror and Rallying?

EvC
19-07-2005, 12:27
People have told me in the past that you can't rally fleeing troops if there's a terror-causing unit nearby- does this rule actually exist? I can't find anything on it in the WH rulebook. I don't really mind cos I'm an undead player so my troops don't flee, but I wouldn't want to cheat my opponents...

Sylass
19-07-2005, 12:37
There's no rule like that as far as I know.

KillbotFactory
19-07-2005, 12:49
I'll second that I have never played with nor heard of such a rule.

Yanos
19-07-2005, 12:51
I second (edit: third!) that denial. It's not covered under the Terror section of the rulebook. They won't have to take a Terror test if they Rally as such Psychology comes before the Movement Phase.

EvC
19-07-2005, 16:01
Hmm, I wonder why people told me this before when they had absolutely nothing to gain from it? An honest mistake is all then, I guess. I'm glad it's cleared up though, cheers!

Dedalus
19-07-2005, 16:40
Just dont forget a unit cant rally if below a quarter and you can't rally on the same turn you fled from a failed terror check (being a former demon player I learned this one quickly hehe).
Regards,
Extro

anarchistica
19-07-2005, 23:10
They likely confused it with the 40K rule that states you can't rally if there are enemies within 6". Terror 'kicks in' within 6" too.

EvC
20-07-2005, 13:08
Ahh yeah, I've had people confuse rules like that before at my gaming club. Usually in their favour, but never mind...

Brother Frog
20-07-2005, 23:14
People have told me in the past that you can't rally fleeing troops if there's a terror-causing unit nearby- does this rule actually exist? I can't find anything on it in the WH rulebook. I don't really mind cos I'm an undead player so my troops don't flee, but I wouldn't want to cheat my opponents...

Remember that Terror is a one-shot-on-each-enemy-unit rule. That is, once a unit has had to make a Terror test - whether it passes or fails - Terror no longer applies in respect to that unit. As Fear is only used for receiving/making charges, it doesn't effect rallying either, except for as Dedalus mentioned.

Bubble Ghost
21-07-2005, 03:48
I've got the strangest feeling that was a 4th edition rule, because I swear I remember something like it. It's definitely not 5th edition Warhammer, and it's not 2nd edition 40K, which are the two non-current rulebooks I still own that have terror in them. But anyway, as people have said it's definitely not in the game now.