PDA

View Full Version : Halebard vs Sword of Might vs Frostblade

inq.serge
08-02-2007, 18:10
Whats best to give to an oldblood, a halberd, sword of might or frostblade (Blade of Tzunki)?

Bonuses with halberd: cost almost only 1/11 of frostblade, and does not count for magic item pts, st6.

Bonuses with sword of might: Low cost, st6, magical attacks.

Bonuses with frostblade: No armour save, st6, magical attacks.

Bad stuff with helbards: Not magical attacks, may give eighter st6 or st5 + shield bonus, allowes armour save.

Bad stuff with sword of might: allowes armour save.

Bad stuff with frostblade: Costs as hell. (5pts for attacks, 45 for no armour, 15 for +1 st)

Now, st6 gives -3 to armour save, no armour saves gives no armour save.

What's best to give an oldblood; Frostbalde, halberd or sword of might?

EndlessBug
08-02-2007, 18:30
well id go GW over halberd, Oldbloods have pants Initiative anyway, get that extra +1 STR bonus.

but still, give the guy the gleaming pendant, glyph necklace, sword of might and enchanted shield. spawnings of Tepok, Quetzl and Tzunki (+1 initiative one).

1+ save 5+ ward, 5 str 6 attacks, +1 dispel die, initiative 2 (3 maybe?) and the opponent strikes last when they charge you or 1 other time during the game.

Vattendroppe
08-02-2007, 18:32
Since str 6 already gives -3 to armour save I think it can be a bit unessecary to give the lizard no armour saves. I think I'd go with the halberd, but I'm no expert. It's cheap, will buy you some more troops or magical items where they're better needed and magic attacks isn't THAT often THAT good. Plus, halberds look cool ^^

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 18:41
With Lizzard Intitiative, what's the point of Hallberd over Greatweapon?

Stouty
08-02-2007, 19:09
Mounted Lizard maybes? Certainly wouldn't touch the frostblade in anything under 2500pts though.

Keller
08-02-2007, 20:07
I'm a big fan of halberds, personally. My Empire captains nearly always take them. Of course, the biggest reason to take a halberd over a greatweapon is to keep your initiative, which isn't a huge incentive for lizards anyway.

Still, I am not a huge fan of magic items, so I would opt for the halberd.

Neknoh
08-02-2007, 20:35
Well, I always take hallberds with Chaos, always have and always will, and I would take it on my vamps if they'd only let me.

But on lizzies, brute strength is prefferrable if on foot

Catferret
08-02-2007, 22:59
With the amount of Empire or Chaos Knights around, the -3 save that S6 provides just doesn't quite cut it(pun intended:D). The Frostblade is a lot but worth every penny versus those units. Tailor your choice to the army you are fighting against.

feintstar
09-02-2007, 03:17
I second the votes for Greatweapon. At I2, you're always going to strike last, so may as well make them count. Then you can throw your magic items allowance to making your guy more survivable. And that way, you're turning those chariots into matchsticks while you're at it.

druchii
09-02-2007, 05:24
Whats best to give to an oldblood, a halberd, sword of might or frostblade (Blade of Tzunki)?

Bonuses with halberd: cost almost only 1/11 of frostblade, and does not count for magic item pts, st6.

Bonuses with sword of might: Low cost, st6, magical attacks.

Bonuses with frostblade: No armour save, st6, magical attacks.

Bad stuff with helbards: Not magical attacks, may give eighter st6 or st5 + shield bonus, allowes armour save.

Bad stuff with sword of might: allowes armour save.

Bad stuff with frostblade: Costs as hell. (5pts for attacks, 45 for no armour, 15 for +1 st)

Now, st6 gives -3 to armour save, no armour saves gives no armour save.

What's best to give an oldblood; Frostbalde, halberd or sword of might?

If he's on foot, I'd give him a great weapon, and venom of the firefly frog. If he's on a Carnosaur or a coldone, a Halberd, and venom of the firefly frog.

d