PDA

View Full Version : 250 Arnor allied army; 'rate my list'

Mkstein
08-02-2007, 18:29
Hi;

Not having very many LoTR models, for the 1/2 term campaign at my Local GW (Harrogate if anyones interested). I'm going to field a 250 points grey company and either mega-battle it, or ally it in the campaign to someone else with a small army. Probably mega battle it... anyway, here's the list:

Heroes:
3 standard Dunedain
Halbarad or a RotN complete with 4 standard RoA

Warriors
8 RoA with norm weapons
4 RoA with spears.

Go ahead, tear it to bits. Please :D

Gondorian
08-02-2007, 19:25
The list's quite good. Halbarad is a decent leader and you've enough dunedain to spread your men into four skirmishing groups. Given the points you've said you'll be playing it's a good army for the job.
Have fun.

WH40KAj
08-02-2007, 22:45
The list's quite good. Halbarad is a decent leader and you've enough dunedain to spread your men into four skirmishing groups. Given the points you've said you'll be playing it's a good army for the job.
Have fun.

I agree with everything said here though I would rather have taken another dunedain and another skirmishing group than any expensive character. Thats purely my preference however. Mega-battle it seems fine too.

liamrob
09-02-2007, 10:23
I've neva played a 250 pt game but it might be very good. Time to dig out my LOTR again to play with. :)

Mkstein
09-02-2007, 18:54
I would rather have taken another dunedain and another skirmishing group than any expensive character.

Thanks for all your advice ; I think I'll go with another Dunedain, and smalll band. Any other small LoTR forces near Harrogate who want a game just say!

Irakaz
10-02-2007, 17:36
Hi;

Not having very many LoTR models, for the 1/2 term campaign at my Local GW (Harrogate if anyones interested). I'm going to field a 250 points grey company and either mega-battle it, or ally it in the campaign to someone else with a small army. Probably mega battle it... anyway, here's the list:

Heroes:
3 standard Dunedain
Halbarad or a RotN complete with 4 standard RoA

Warriors
8 RoA with norm weapons
4 RoA with spears.

Go ahead, tear it to bits. Please :D
Nice to see someone from Harrogate on these forums :) Just bought the 50 easterling box set, as well as Khamul, and was going to see if I could do some campaign games.

Its not a bad set so I now have Khamul, 6 Kataphractoi, a standard bearer, a captain, 16 archers, 16 warriors, 8 halberds and no idea how to play them :D

Im pretty busy until 25th though unfortunately :( Might be in store Mon 15th and thurs 19 since thats all I have off till the sunday 25th (then Im free the whole week yay)

Mkstein
16-02-2007, 13:47
Im pretty busy until 25th though unfortunately :( Might be in store Mon 15th and thurs 19 since thats all I have off till the sunday 25th (then Im free the whole week yay)

Um, are you sure you haven't got those dates mixed up? Yesterday (thurs) was the 15th, and Monday (next) is the 19th...

Mega battle, here I come! (Saturday, 17th, at YOUR local GW):cool: