PDA

View Full Version : *** New Zaggarund Quakes Leave Immediately After Game ***

Autobot HQ
08-02-2007, 23:51
http://postthatpic.com/files/1542/Warseer1.PNG

In a first for the NZQ, when we tried to get a statement from the team, CEO Iscariot had simply no comment:

"I have simply no comment."
- Lord Iscariot, CEO of the New Zaggarund Quakes

... Wait, we have more news coming into the room right now ... Oh my, I don't believe it, The New Zaggarund Quakes public announcement team have stepped forward and announced that they will be RETIRING from the Warseer League! This is unprecedented George! We believe that the entire team has already left the locker room in a state of rage over the actions and decisions of the Warseer Final, the tapes of which have been corrupted. We have only Borgut The Basha left here, with a prepared paper statement:

"I Iz 'ere az a repreezentativ ov' da NZQ. Dey is not 'appy wid da way fings went down innit, and dey 'as ishoos wid wot 'appened. Derefore, dey is 'eadin bak to Zaggarund innit, and wont be bovverin ya no more. Da CEO, 'ee iz stayin 'ere like, and 'ee iz gunna get a new loada boyz and 'ave dem bash ya instead, but da NZQ, dey iz playin a farewell game vs. da lizard guys, 'oping to end dat losing streak dey 'ave 'genst em. Den dey is off 'ome. Dats all innit."
- Borgut Da Basha, Former NZQ Troll

My god, what incredible news George, one I think will affect everyone in the league! Coach Iscariot to bring in a new breed, but the much feared NZQ leaving the league! What does this all mean!?

This was Nikkit Kwikk,
Goblin Reporter, WSTV

http://postthatpic.com/files/1542/Orca%20Cola%20Ad.PNG

Autobot HQ
09-02-2007, 00:31
... And continuing with our live coverage, the NZQ in their Farewell Game managed to defeat the Xini Warseers, ending their losing streak to the infamous Lizardmen. From the outset, the Lizards were the only team that consistantly posed a problem for the New Zaggarund Quakes to defeat, and finally they avenge their loses in a 2-0 victory. Team Captain Harzuk was still unavailable for comment since the previous Final, but they seemed on the pitch to me to be a focused, killing machine, and we here at the Warseer Newsteam wish them all the best in their future endevours.

This was Nikkit Kwikk
Goblin Reporter, WSTV

tenpole
09-02-2007, 08:58
So what happened in the final, many disconnections or something. fumbbl was going through some maintenance issues Thursday night.

NZQ should not retire.

Autobot HQ
09-02-2007, 16:51
We played before the maintainence, although the game took 7 connections and took over 2hrs 30mins.

I have decided not to comment on this game, for those who can try and see the reply, if it plays, do so. I don't know if it records our comments.

Also, the NZQ homepage, linkage in my signature, has an IN-CHARACTER report of the match.

tenpole
09-02-2007, 22:55
Disconnection often happen after an action, usually a serious injury from my experience. Fumbbl does have its own guidelines for disconnections. I was unable to watch the game as my own connection is poor and the replay was corrupt because of the restarts. It was you call to play on and not disband the match which would have been your right. You cant take it out on your team and sulk just because the end was a loss.

Autobot HQ
10-02-2007, 00:30
Sulk? I've spend more or less the whole day going over rules and working on the next edition of the Warseer News, trying to write a new team bacground as well as getting decent questions for the new Champion, getting his name custom changed and designing possible banners and logos, finding sponsers I can recreate as Blood Bowl ones and finding pictures that will go with the league news right, writing up a match report that is impartial as possible showing the champions in a good light, and also deal with moving house?

Sulk? You want to rethink that a tad?

EDIT: And a 8 1/2hr shift at work, 2hrs of buses to and from work, and a 3hr train jounry to my gf, as well as keeping her happy and taking her out for dinner. Sorry this is coming across as very direct and argumentative, but I think I'm doing bloody well.

Darkson
10-02-2007, 07:10
You want BB sponsors/ads?

Check out TalkBloodBowl, where there's a whole thread of them, and also http://www.blood-bowl.net/teamicons/CorpLogos.html

I had serious connections issues last time I tried to play on FUMBBL, and even though I was (at that time) on 4meg broadband, no-one seemed to be able to find out why. :(

Darkson
10-02-2007, 22:02
Here's the link.
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20178&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Autobot HQ
10-02-2007, 22:03
The connection was due to Gres' system, he pointed it out before hand that he'd chosen to go round his gf's and she had a dodgey wireless connection, so I was aware there would be a 'couple' of problems.

tenpole
11-02-2007, 00:41
I can still see NZQ.