PDA

View Full Version : Tau - The Grey Falcon Contignent

Eirich
09-02-2007, 09:20
This is my first army and the painting quality ani't that good but I'm proud of what I've accieved.
My idea was a urban camouflage, rebellion tau force so it doesn't contain any Etherals, Kroot or Vespids. The main colours is Codex Grey and Fortress Grey as it gives a feeling of concrete. The red parts gives a good contrast and is a (for me) traditional rebellion colour.

This is my Commander, Shas'O Thas'var Karovah Mont'Aun who is usualy has a pair of shield drones with him in battle.
17971 17972 17973
And here are the shield drones.

In my elite team of three Crisis suits only one is painted but he turned out quite well.
17974 17975

Firewarriors with a Gundrone.
17976 17977 17978 17979

I hope you like it this far, the Hammerhead will show up in the next post.

Eirich
09-02-2007, 09:24
And here comes the Hammerhead.
17981 17982

Please comment my painting, it anin't pro stuff but I need some response about how in looks.
It's easily done to get blinded by your own work so you don't see the flaws.

the varks
09-02-2007, 11:04
those are looking good, now i better get back to painting MY tau:skull:

Marco

liamrob
09-02-2007, 11:44
I think there looking awesome. I'm going to watch this definetly.

CYA!

Eirich
11-02-2007, 08:58
Well, I finished my first Pirhana this weekend and the result is pretty good if you ask me.
Although the crew had to stay out while I painted the dashboard and weapon control board.
18055 18056 18057

I will upload new pictures when the crew and drones are painted, it will probably be around the later days of the week.

Anardakil
11-02-2007, 10:22
They look very nice =)

Warwolt the skaven
11-02-2007, 14:27
certainly, very sweet stuff :)

Great_Destroyer
11-02-2007, 17:39
Very nice looking colors on them man, keep up the good work!

The Orange
11-02-2007, 20:03
Pretty nice work ;) . It just looks like your paint is comming on a bit thick (specifically the grey). Also, I'd go over your FWs again and clear up those black lines. It may be a bit of work, but if you go back with some grey and clear up those black lines (contain them to their grooves), your FW will look super.

Warwolt the skaven
11-02-2007, 20:30
Heres a trick for good blacklining, take black ink and thin it with 80/20 water/ink and apply. :D

Eirich
12-02-2007, 08:03
Thanks for all good comments^^
I know that the paint is a bit thick on the Firewarriors but I paintet those with a 1,0 mm brush becouse it was the only one I had at that point and there is only one layer of paint. The XV8 Crisis is painted with a 0,5 mm brush so the paint is thinner but instead is two layers to cover the black base paint.

At the moment I'm working on the crew and the drones to the first Pirhana and after that I'll take care of my Shas'Vre elite team leader who has a Targeting Array wich is my own work, but he won't show up until next week I think.

Arkade
13-02-2007, 08:22
How do you Put the pictures up as thumbnails?

Eirich
13-02-2007, 08:31
[Off topic]
If you look in the toolbar above the textbox, to the right of the smiley you will have a paperclip (or what you call that thing, in swedish it's a "gem", not pronounced as the english gem). If you click there a small window will pop up and you can search your computer for the pictures you want to upload.
[\Off Topic]

I will finish the crew to day so to morrow there will be more pictures for you of the Pirhana.

Voronwe[MQ]
13-02-2007, 12:22
The colour scheme of this army is so damn nice! Good luck with finishing it. :)

Voronwe

Eirich
14-02-2007, 13:02
Thanks!
Though I must inform you that I won't upload any pics today because my painting went faster than I expected so I'll show you the completed Pirhana at Friday. (I'm only a Gundrone away)

Arhalien
14-02-2007, 13:06
For a first army great work; I wish my Elves had been this good. I look forward to seeing progress :D

Eirich
16-02-2007, 15:55
As I promised you, here is the complete Pirhana with crew and drones.
18310 18311 18314
And some close-ups on the drones.
18312 18313

I will now take care of the second XV8 Battlesuit wich will take some time but I hope to finish it during the next week.
On Sunday I will have a game with Teronas and I will bring the camera so on Sunday evning there will be pictures and maybe a comment on the game.
He said he was about to put me up against something different than the usual Chaos Marines... Well, what ever that is it will be pictures of it here then.

Eirich
18-02-2007, 17:39
Ok, it's Sunday evning and here is the update of today!
Once again I suprised my self in how fast the painting went so the XV8 is ready and here is how he turned out to be:
18408 18409 18410
The thing on his shoulder is my version of a targeting array (a target lock with a slightly cut drone antenna) and the double plasma rifle is just fluff, I count it as a single and not twin-linked.

I had a game with Teronas today wich I lost (of course, I've never won) but I was pretty near to win until his shooting phase in round 4.
He destroyed two of my three Pirhanas wich had raced up to his front to kill some Sentinells and a Leeman Russ ( I only managed to destroy the Sentinells) but they fell by Las cannon fire.
225 points down the drain.
My commander was killed by a single shot from his Basilisk, 172 more points lost.
His Las cannons even destroyed my Hammerhead when the game started to turn to his advantage although it managed to get rid of his Leeman Russ.
I lost it big time, but it was a fun game.
This is what I lost in this game:

And here are some random pics:
18412 18416 18415

I'm sorry for all the bad pictures, the camera was freaking all evning...

scrubout
18-02-2007, 18:09
Pretty impressive for your first army. I'll be watching.

Dang, crisis suits are so annoying to me (I play guard)...seems your opponent knew how to get them with a bassie though eh?

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

BobTheZombie
18-02-2007, 19:01
Very nice, I think your colour scheme suits the tau perfectly. Are you going to base these at all- snow scatter or whatever...?

superknijn
18-02-2007, 20:03
Great painting!
I'm using a similar colour scheme as yours, but with white. (somewhat brighter)
Did you use a black undercoat, and if yes, any advise on layering the colours?

Eirich
19-02-2007, 08:23
BobTheZombie:
I'm going to do an urban basing I think as I don't find the color theme bright enough to go with snow and I mostly play city fights.

Superknijn:
I am actualy using black undercoat to save me some time. All black details on the models are only basecoated and nothing more.
When I paint, I tend to paint several layers until the paint covers the black, as an exaple:
Codex grey often takes one main layer with some patching to cover the black.
Fortress grey takes two or more layers.
Skull white takes about 2 layers if the paint is thick else it's about 5-7 layers.
Two layers is a minimun on all red parts.
But I should tell you that I'm using a 0,5 mm brush to almost all the painting, even my Pirhana is painted with a 0,5 mm but the Hammerhead were painted with a 1,0 mm brush.
It do takes more time on each model but you can easily get the paint where you want it.

Scrubout:
My Crisis suits are equiped with plasma rifle, missile pod and multi tracker so they are not to good against IG as I can't get alot of shots out of each one but they do kill what ever they point their guns at (mostly Terminators if I encounter those). In that game they only killed his elite squad of stormtroopers couse they were the only ones that didn't hide behind tanks, bunkers or any other cover.
At the photo they are standing behind a home made building, on the other side of that building is a nice number of Las cannons, plasma weapons, meltas and heavy bolters. I didn't whant to have them pointed at my team.
At the end of the game, only my Crisis suits and two Firewarrior teams remained.
He tricked me into a trap wich cost me several hundred points so he had the game going his way from the third round. Sadly enough.

Teronas
19-02-2007, 09:36
That trap was sure effective, even tough it looked very dark at the start of the battle. All i can say is better luck next time. I hope you win sometime.

Eirich
21-02-2007, 12:20
I'm sorry for the lack of progress the last days. I've gotten a slight cold and my inspiration is down the drain at the moment becouse of that.
I'm planning to take care of a couple of Firewarriors when I feel a bit better and more in the painting mood.

Eirich
05-03-2007, 07:55
My painting has now been down for a week and I'm still lacking the inspiration but I'll just have to force me to do some painting soon as I'm about to order some more.
I thought I'd give you a list of what's left to paint.

2 Pirhanas (including drones and crew)
1 XV8 Crisis suit Fireknife configuration
3 Gundrones
15 Firewarriors

And I'm about to order.

2 pacs of stealth suits
3 XV88 Broadside suits
2 shielddrone generators
1 Devilfish

I thought I'd order two Devilfish but that would cost me 1450 SEK and with a mothly income at 1250 SEK I thought it would be too much to spend at one time. (it's hard to be a student you know)

Eirich
18-03-2007, 20:17
Ok... long time no update.
Now when I've fetched this one from page 8 I'll give you some new, hot pics to comment.

I've done some more work on the commander, I know that the features look rather much like Chaos but I've got my reasons.
And here are the pics:

19833 19834 19836 19835 19837