PDA

View Full Version : Some new DA release informations from german GW website

stahly
09-02-2007, 09:02
Hello,
I just visited the German online store and found out some interesting things:

- Apparantly the DA captain blister comes with an alternative, helmetless head (I talk about the DA captain remake with the winged helmet). But unlike the picture of the terminator librarian, no variants are shown.
Can someone confirm this?
- The DA battle force is a splash release
- So are the new Azrael model with metal banner (and Ezekiel probably, too), the MotR on jetbike and the DA command squad
- The DA veteran squad box together with the Ravenwing battle force box will stay, so apparantly no BT style upgrade box planned
- The description of the veteran squad box mentions only a DA sprue but no tactical squad upgrade sprue (the one with special weapons and missile launcher)

Hope these things weren't already posted.

pililuk
09-02-2007, 10:34
I can answer the last Because the Veteran squad doesnt come with the special weapons from the tactical sprue it has some othem on its own sprue.

Jesse Custer
09-02-2007, 10:57
- Yes there's a sprue a with both heads
- Yes. Note that the Ravenwing one isn't
- Azrael, Ezekiel, MOTRW: can't tell (but probably as it happened for many special characters after a while).
- DA command squad: yes it is a splash release.
- Correct. The difference comes from the fact that the BT sprue have only accessories where the DA sprue is a 5 men squad sprue and accessories.
- No, the tactical sprue is included as far as I know (and I already built some miniatures ;) ).

ArtificerArmour
09-02-2007, 11:33
I suspected they had different heads, because when I saw it at warhammer world his head was slightly angled. I thought nothing of it at first. But I havn't seen an alternate head, unless it's the one shrouded on the special edition captain with combi-plas.

Marovingean
09-02-2007, 15:19
That is such a nice mini.... Apart from the feathers

Warsmith Strader
09-02-2007, 15:45
Whaaaaat!, Azrael and Ezekiel is a splash release now...WTF!
so there are three different company master then, different headed on in blister with winged helm and the one in the box set?

Jesse Custer
09-02-2007, 16:50
Nope, there are two models only:
the one coming from the army boxed set, the other one available in blister which has a sprue with two heads (helmet with "feathered wings" and bare head) as far as I know.

Wintermute
10-02-2007, 08:39
Whaaaaat!, Azrael and Ezekiel is a splash release now...WTF!?

Most special characters are now splash releases. This policy was introduced over a year ago.

spaint2k
10-02-2007, 09:03
- So are the new Azrael model with metal banner (and Ezekiel probably, too), the MotR on jetbike and the DA command squad

I don't get it.Azrael and Ezekiel look like the 11 (?) year old versions from second edition. Is there a difference?

Steve

The Emperor
10-02-2007, 09:09
They've got molded back banners, now. That's it.

Angel of the Black Parade
10-02-2007, 09:15
urm... whats a splash release?

Findecano
10-02-2007, 09:40
the veteran box has models with a storm bolter, and one with a plasma pistol. neither seem to be on the DA sprue. Now I do suspect there are 5 of the SM assualt sprues with it, but where the SB comes from, I don't know.

Bregalad
10-02-2007, 09:59
urm... whats a splash release?

That means GW delivers a limited quantity only once to the stores, and when these are sold out, they are only available via mail order. Some boxes are gone quite soon, others not.

Wintermute
10-02-2007, 11:14
That means GW delivers a limited quantity only once to the stores, and when these are sold out, they are only available via mail order. Some boxes are gone quite soon, others not.

Additionally they are only available for (indy and GW) stores to order for a limited time. The time can vary from 1 week to 3 months.

Misanthrope
10-02-2007, 19:06
I don't know if everybody already knows this, but... Cypher's appeared in the Online Store under Chaos Elites... I'm 99% sure he wasn't there a few days ago.

superknijn
10-02-2007, 19:54
And I'm 100% sure he was there when I first visited that part of the UK online shop, half a year ago ;)

Palatine Katinka
10-02-2007, 20:05
Most Special Characters are Splash now. They will still be available from Direct Sales though.

The Company Master does come with two heads. the other reminds me of Ron Perlman (http://uk.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5180/Events/5180/RonPerlman_Pimen_10335714_400.jpg.html?path=pgalle ry&path_key=Perlman,%20Ron).

There isn't really a need for an upgrade box because it would just be 5/10 Vets and a Ravenwing Sprue. Better to sell the Ravenwing seperately with the Bikes you need.

The Tactical Weapon sprue IS in the DA Vets Box. (I have opened 2 boxes and they both had them! ;) )

Wintermute
11-02-2007, 07:15
There isn't really a need for an upgrade box because it would just be 5/10 Vets and a Ravenwing Sprue. Better to sell the Ravenwing seperately with the Bikes you need.

Which is why there isn't going to be a DA upgrade box. The DA Vets are not a Splash release.

But this raises the question about the long term availability of the Ravenwing sprue. Perhaps the DA Bike Squad box and/or the Ravenwing Battleforce will not be splash releases either?

The Emperor
11-02-2007, 07:18
I'm pretty sure the Ravenwing Battleforce won't be a splash release. What is a splash release is the Ravenwing Battleforce with THREE Ravenwing sprues. After that they'll sell it with only two Ravenwing sprues (And with the artwork altered so the Attack Bike doesn't have the Ravenwing bits on it).

Wintermute
11-02-2007, 07:50
I'm pretty sure the Ravenwing Battleforce won't be a splash release. What is a splash release is the Ravenwing Battleforce with THREE Ravenwing sprues. After that they'll sell it with only two Ravenwing sprues (And with the artwork altered so the Attack Bike doesn't have the Ravenwing bits on it).

My understanding is the three RW sprues were added in error.

Ki-Adi-Monkey
11-02-2007, 16:28
the veteran box has models with a storm bolter, and one with a plasma pistol. neither seem to be on the DA sprue. Now I do suspect there are 5 of the SM assualt sprues with it, but where the SB comes from, I don't know.

The Storm Bolter comes from the plastic SM commander. Its not pictured on the DA veterans box.

Rob

Palatine Katinka
11-02-2007, 20:32

Woo Hoo for once an error in my favour! I had planned to get three Attack Bikes and that third sprue will cover them even if I do get it just the once. now i have to figure out what to make first and what to wait until later for...

HiveTrygon
11-02-2007, 21:57

So, how and where will these mistake boxes ship? If that's the case only Britan will get the 3 sprues because they get all the new stuff first. :mad:

We only see the preorder for the marine battleforce version right now and there is not even a full month before the DA are released. The USA prorder is so slow at updating new releases except for the D@MN Lotr stuff. :skull: :mad:

Brother Fenix
11-02-2007, 22:03
Which is why there isn't going to be a DA upgrade box.

No DA upgrade..that sucks...I was hoping to get several of the upgrade options in one box...

Philhelm
11-02-2007, 22:06
So, is the captain's other head actually the robed head seen on the Army Deal captain? I hope so, since I love that mini, but would have preferred it with a sword instead of a combi-weapon.

Odin
11-02-2007, 22:45
So, is the captain's other head actually the robed head seen on the Army Deal captain? I hope so, since I love that mini, but would have preferred it with a sword instead of a combi-weapon.

Sounds like it's not that head. Plus which, the head from the limited edition model is hooded, and the guy with the power sword has no robe - just a cloak. Might look a bit odd with a hood.

Palatine Katinka
13-02-2007, 02:23
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o58/ian_trudgett/40k/CompanyMaster.jpg

Now check this. (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5180/Events/5180/RonPerlman_Pimen_10335714_400.jpg.html?path=pgalle ry&path_key=Perlman,%20Ron)

stahly
13-02-2007, 08:09
Looks strange. Guess we have to see it painted.

The Dude
13-02-2007, 22:34
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o58/ian_trudgett/40k/CompanyMaster.jpg

Now check this. (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5180/Events/5180/RonPerlman_Pimen_10335714_400.jpg.html?path=pgalle ry&path_key=Perlman,%20Ron)

Brother Sergeant One.

Gold!!!

Philhelm
14-02-2007, 15:04
Sounds like it's not that head. Plus which, the head from the limited edition model is hooded, and the guy with the power sword has no robe - just a cloak. Might look a bit odd with a hood.

Yeah, but even that model appears to have the hood coming from inside the armor. You can see the edge of his armor at the neckline, so he isn't wearing a proper hooded robe. It would have been so perfect to have the hooded captain with a sword instead of a combi-weapon. As it is now, you would either have to convert the one and only arm he has visible, or put a powersword on his back. Oh well.

The Emperor
14-02-2007, 15:15
Yeah, but even that model appears to have the hood coming from inside the armor. You can see the edge of his armor at the neckline, so he isn't wearing a proper hooded robe. It would have been so perfect to have the hooded captain with a sword instead of a combi-weapon. As it is now, you would either have to convert the one and only arm he has visible, or put a powersword on his back. Oh well.

It might be possible that his head is also separate, and you'll be able to put it on the general release Company Master figure.

Marovingean
14-02-2007, 15:25
The Ravenwing Battleforce is noted as 'Limited availability' on the Indy order forms. This probably means it is a splash release but not limited release.

M

Jesse Custer
14-02-2007, 15:37
It might be possible that his head is also separate, and you'll be able to put it on the general release Company Master figure.
Nope, the army box miniature is a one piece miniature (well, apart from the backpack).

Palatine Katinka
15-02-2007, 02:13
As it is now, you would either have to convert the one and only arm he has visible, or put a powersword on his back. Oh well.

I had an idea that you can steal. the Codex mentions Watchers in the Dark carrying equipment for important members of the Inner Circle, not just Azrael. I was going to order lots of the little guys, chop the Lion Helms off and add various guns (Storm Bolter, Combi-weapons, even a Plasma Pistol). This way I can give my Company Master (the general release model) something to shoot with without having to convert him. Simply put the Watcher next to him. You could do the same sort of thing with one bearing a sword. Unfortunately, the Watcher in the Dark isn't available seperately at the moment. :( Hopefully he will be again after Azrael's re-release.

VtrAxx
15-02-2007, 02:42
I was wondering, since I havent been on the forums lately.

Is Cypher getting a re-sculpted model or what?

Thanks Vtraxx Out

Palatine Katinka
15-02-2007, 03:20
I've heard rumour of it but I frequently hear rumour of it. *sigh*

Last I heard there would be a new model later in the year. His rules weren't to be in the Dark Angel Codex (confirmed) but would rather be in the next Chaos Marine Codex. Guess we'll have to wait until someone manages to grab us a picture or a confirmed release date.

Sakura
15-02-2007, 04:31
~The DA captain blister is a single metal model, the hooded one is the army deal only.
You can make a winged helmet with the ravenwing frame
~Splash? Probably?
~The banner is the only difference if any to azreal and Ezykill. theyre just re packs.
~the veteran box contains the DA frame only, no space marine frames what-so-ever.