PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows if the Wood Elves special cha. are ready to use like the Empire ones ?

ffarsight
09-02-2007, 16:31
HI, ive been told that we can use the wood elves special characters like the empire ones, with no problem, is this true ? where can i see this in paper or in the web?
Does anyone knows if there is a post anywhere?

Thanks

jullevi
09-02-2007, 16:48
This is neither News or Rumours, is it?

None of the special characters in any of the armybooks require the opponent's approval. The only difference between Empire or Orc special characters compared to the other armybooks is that they are listed amongst other characters, and not separately.

Of course, you should note that the fact that special characters do not require opponent's approval doesn't mean that the opponent is forced to play against you if you decide to take them. The opponent may decide to not waste time playing against one if you haven't discussed about it before the game.

ffarsight
09-02-2007, 17:01
Im my opinion this would be in the news section, not being itself a news but asking for a news of this topic.

Im also talking about tournament wise using special characters. Since we can use the empire and orcs, and dwarfs ones normally now.

Sherlocko
09-02-2007, 17:07
You have always been able to use the SC in the army books, there is no news. They just placed them in another part of the book because GW feels like to many has the houserule to ban SC, so there is no rule change.

Vattendroppe
09-02-2007, 17:28
Although can be mentioned that ppl won't like you very much if you take a SC without informing them of it...

Jester007
11-02-2007, 07:17
Although can be mentioned that ppl won't like you very much if you take a SC without informing them of it...

What? You don't like having someone challenge you in combat all the sudden and then finding out its Archaon? LOL!! I completely agree with this guy

Got Squig?

Gorbad Ironclaw
11-02-2007, 08:10
Im also talking about tournament wise using special characters. Since we can use the empire and orcs, and dwarfs ones normally now.

Depends entirely on the tournament in question, doesn't it? I still don't see them being allowed. Putting them in the character section doesn't change anything at all.

IronBrother
17-02-2007, 04:55
Since when were SC's not allowed in tournaments? Some of them (almost all of them now) have a way of changing a dynamic in the army. Besides I haven't really found a SC that isn't balanced - except for Greasus but his unbalance is that he is a terrible character and not worth it EVER!!!

Vattendroppe
17-02-2007, 05:55
Since when were SC's not allowed in tournaments? Some of them (almost all of them now) have a way of changing a dynamic in the army. Besides I haven't really found a SC that isn't balanced - except for Greasus but his unbalance is that he is a terrible character and not worth it EVER!!!

In most larger tournaments and many of the smaller ones too, the SC are banned completely. At least of the ones I've seen.

ffarsight
21-02-2007, 09:42
yes, most of the tourn. dont allow, but in Uk grand tourn. i think they have to allow the orks and empire ones, because they are in the characters section. I just whant to know if there is a faq that allows the wood elves SC just like the empire and orks ones. Not to mention that a emperor Karl franz can have a dragon without the extra hero slot.

Atrahasis
21-02-2007, 09:44
Last season's UKGT allowed all special characters found in army books. Rumour has it that this season they will be limited to those in the new format.

Rumour is just that though, rumour.

Artemis
21-02-2007, 09:59
yes, most of the tourn. dont allow, but in Uk grand tourn. i think they have to allow the orks and empire ones, because they are in the characters section.

I see this as merely an editorial change - there is really nothing new said about special characters in the OG and Empire Books. You never need permisson to use specs from the books, but of course your opponent could get a little frustrated, depending on who you field... It would be a bit childish, though, to walk out on a battle based on that....

IMO, Tournaments should ban all special characters because it is not fun with Karl Franz vs Karl Franz...:D

"Karl Franz hits Karl Franz, misses"

"Karl Franz hits back, hits, autowounds"

"Karl Franz saves" etc etc etc etc

Didn't Monty Python do something like this?