PDA

View Full Version : Tournament army 2250 pts

Drow
09-02-2007, 18:44
I have made a 2250 points tournament army, i posted a list earlier but i found so many misstakes in it i rewrote the whole thing. I would really really like to hear some tips and pointers as to what is god and what is not good in it!

High Born
Blood armour, Executioners axe, Cold one, Seadragoncloak
Sorcerer
Dispel scroll, Power stone, Level 2 upgrade
Sorcerer
Dispel scroll, Power stone, Level 2 upgrade
Noble
Heavy armour, Seadragon cloak, Battlestandard, Warbanner

20# Corsairs
Full command
20# Warriors
Full command, Sheilds
10# Warriors
Repeater boltthrowers
10# Warriors
Repeater boltthrowers
5# Dark Riders
Repeater boltthrowers
5# Dark Riders
Repeater boltthrowers

9# Cold One Knights
Full command
15# Executioners
Full command

1# Reaper Boltthrower

So what do you guys thing of this army?

warlord hack'a
09-02-2007, 19:20
the blood armour on the highborn is a watse of points, you have a 2+ save alreayd if you get regular hvy armour, you now pay 14 points so you can score a wound and improve your armour save to max 1+. Youre better of spendin 15 points on a talisman of protection, gives only a 6+ wardsave but that's better than no ward save at all!

FOr the rest it looks like a diverse list, you've got some shooting, some cavalry, some fast cav and some elite infantry. However, I would add a chariot if I were you: dark elves usually get outnumbered in combat, adding a chariot on your charge will give you some hard needed CR. And on top of that you can use the chariot combined with the cold one knights to combo charge an enemy unit that has already been weakened by your shooting, I am afraid that just the knights might nog be enough.

warlord hack'a
09-02-2007, 19:28
and maybe you shoudl reconsider the 10 cold one knights (9 plus general), CO knights are far too expensive to be stuck in the 2nd rank for a measly +1 CR (which with a bit of bad luck will have already been removed by shooting or magic) and at the very least give them the warbanner (you pay 29 points for 1 knight, with 2 attacks max (cold one and knight) whilst the warbanner is only 25 pts for +1 CR) or the standard of slaughter. I would advise to drop the knights down to 6 (with general that makes 7), that saves 3*29=77 points, then drop the dread knight (+18 points, you want to accept challenges with your general anyway, why otherwise give him the executioners axe?) for a total save of 95 points, that's either:
1) one chariot
2) 5 harpies and the warbanner.

dominic_carrillo
10-02-2007, 00:19
FOr the rest it looks like a diverse list, you've got some shooting, some cavalry, some fast cav and some elite infantry. However, I would add a chariot if I were you: dark elves usually get outnumbered in combat, adding a chariot on your charge will give you some hard needed CR. And on top of that you can use the chariot combined with the cold one knights to combo charge an enemy unit that has already been weakened by your shooting, I am afraid that just the knights might nog be enough.

how would the chariot add "hard needed" CR, its not like they have US 5 or anything.

Alanor
10-02-2007, 06:12
how would the chariot add "hard needed" CR, its not like they have US 5 or anything. Er... With impact hits...

warlord hack'a
10-02-2007, 08:10
exactly, dark elves have two main advantages when it comes to close combat:
1) high move
2) high WS & high I

so they can usually pick where to fight and the high ws helps in hitting something and the high I helps in being the first to hit. However, high ws is not enough, T4 or heavily armored opponents are a real nuisance for dark elves. In comes the chariot with S5 impact hits, solving that problem..

zak
10-02-2007, 18:33
I agree with the comments about the Cold Ones and the chariot. Any CO in the rear rank are a complete waste of points. A chariot will give you some much needed toughness in your army when facing a shooting army as much of the DE army has, of course, T3 and a crap save. Other than that it seems a very good army for against all comers.

Drow
11-02-2007, 16:11
Thanks alot for the insight lads, *S*