PDA

View Full Version : Giant Minigame

dominic_carrillo
10-02-2007, 00:17
Hello, eveyone out there in Internet Land!
if your like me, you got suckered into buying the new giant. if your tired of having it get shot to death, then try playing this fun game for at least four players.

Each player needs a giant. the game is played on a four by four foot table with a hill in the middle.
on top of the hill, equidistant from all table edges is some form of objective, this could be a delicious cow or maiden tied to a stake (conversion alert).
each player deploys his giant 12" from the table edge and at least 15" from all of the othr giants.
the goal of this game is to spend the longest time in base contact with the objective. each player is given point for everytime they are touching the objective at the beginning of the turn.

Giants can and should fight each other in their quest to reach the top of the mountain, and if two giants are in base contact with the objective, they count as being in base contact with each other and will therefore fight (MY COW!)

i had alot of fun with this, we played with five players, it came down to two giants clubbing each other with tree trunks on top of the mountain.

please enjoy

Mr Zephy
10-02-2007, 10:54
Wasn't this in WD?

snurl
10-02-2007, 10:56
You could do the same game as an alternate with Dwarves arguing over a chest of gold. But it would be a long game, unless they had guns.

Neknoh
10-02-2007, 11:37
Why do I find the idea of a giant trying to stay in BTB with a tied up maiden disturbing and yet exciting at the same time :eyebrows:

Maybe a huge buffette table or a human/halfling party instead?

And I love this idea, gonna have to try it out meself, maybe add rules for falling off the edges and getting drunk if staying in btb with a layer of booze for too long?

Highborn
10-02-2007, 11:47
Unfortunately (Fortunately?), only one regular member of our regular gaming group got suckered into buying a giant.

EvC
10-02-2007, 15:49
Wasn't this in WD?

Not in the UK, though I heard loads of times that was the kind of thing they'd be putting in WD.

zak
10-02-2007, 16:30
I'm sure there was something in the UK WD about a giant bash. I think they even did a mini battle rep.

The Black Knight
11-02-2007, 10:41
Yup there was a giant mini game in WD UK. It was in the Dark Shadows campaign about 5 or so years ago

EvC
11-02-2007, 12:06
Well I kinda meant in the last year when the new Giant was being released...