PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dragon warband

Fastforward rlz
10-02-2007, 05:39
I'm sitting here looking at the Blood Dragon warband and i'm very interested because i'm starting a Blood Dragon WFB army. But...it outright tells you it's cheezy at the top of the page. any sugested nerfs for it? I honestly dont see a point in the "No Pain" special rule. It really seems too overpowerd for your entire warband to not be able to be stunned...what if we just get rid of that rule save the vampire i sopose? Also i like the idea of only one bloodline power. They are esentially like buying advances/skils which is cheezy! Also if you're going to have str. 4 toughness 4 they should atleast cost the same if not more as the dire wolves of normal undead warbands (50gc) I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on this matter. Maybe we can iron out the kinks and send someone an e-mail to fix this problem.

You can find the Warband here (http://www.strike-to-stun.com/Mousillon/warbands/blood.htm)

TKitch
11-02-2007, 04:08
The moussilon setting is awesome...

If you're in moussilon. It's not balanced for mordheim, their setting was balanced unto itself. (Except fpr the slayers. They weren't balanced at all. The ability to get a guy with 18 attacks on the charge? Dear god!)

Fastforward rlz
11-02-2007, 06:32
Well that's what i'm trying to do. Balance it for mordheim. Me and the guys talked at the store today and thought it a good idea perhaps to use similar rules as Coc for Bloodline abilities. First is normal, Second is x2, third is x3 ect. Also i'm thinking of just droping the hellhounds altogether. Today i got 2 playtest games under my belt using my nerfs. I was beaten baddly by pirates on a breakthrough mission (pretty much because all but 2 models cant run) then I won a close game agains outlaws of stirwood forest. I've got my vamp, 2 wights, dreg and 4 skeletons alltogether so far.

Fastforward rlz
21-03-2007, 00:55
Blood Dragons

Choice of Warriors A Blood Dragon warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500 gold crowns to recruit your warband. The maximum number of warriors in the warband may never exceed twelve.

Vampire: Each Blood Dragon warband must include one Vampire; no more, no less!
Wights: Your warband may include up to two Wights
Dreg: Warband may include up to one Dreg
Skeleton Warriors: Your warband may include any number of Skeleton Warriors
Grave Guard: Your warband may include up to five Grave Guard

Starting Experience
A Vampire starts with 24 experience
A wight starts with 12 experience
A Dreg stars with 0 experience
Henchmen begin with 0 experience

Skill Table
Combat Shooting Academic Strength Speed Special
Vampire X X X X X
Wight X X
Dreg X X

Blood Dragon Equipment
Hand to hand weapons Armor
Light armor 20gc
Heavy armor 50gc
Shield 5gc
Helmet 10gc
Warhorse* 80gc
Barding* 40gc

Dagger (first free) 2gc
Mace 3gc
Axe 5gc
Sword 10gc
Spear 10gc
Halberd 10gc
DH weapon 15gc

*Vampire only

Undead Warrior Equipment
Hand to hand weapons Armor
Dagger (first free) 2gc
Mace 3gc
Axe 5gc
Sword 10gc
Spear 10gc
Halberd 10gc
DH weapon 15gc
Light armor 20gc
Shield 5gc
Helmet 10gc

Missile weapons
Short bow 5gc
Bow 10gc
Long bow 15gc

Heroes
Vampire: 110 gold crowns
Vampires of the Blood dragons are all descendants of Abhorash and belong to the most capable warriors in the Old World. They use their Vampiric abilities to become superior fighters, always seeking new challenges. Most of them are members of the Order of the Dragon-Templars, an ancient knightly order based in the Empire or other unholy Orders. Unlike their von Carstein cousins, they have not much love for Magic and intrigues. They prefer using their combat abilities rather than using dark magic.
Profile M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld
Vampire 6 4 4 4 4 1 5 2 9
Weapons/Armor: Vampires may choose from the Blood Dragons equipment list

Special Rules:
• Leader-Warrior within 6” may use the leaders leadership for ld tests
• Fear- The vampire causes fear
• Immune to Psychology/Poisons- The vampire is not affected by psychology or poisons
• No pain- Treat all “stunned” results as “knocked down
• Summoner- All the undead in the Warband were summoned by the arcane powers of the vampire. When the vampire goes out of action, take a leadership test for every undead model in the warband. If the test is failed then the model(s) goes out of action
• Bloodline abilities- See “bloodline abilities” section

0-2 Wights: 80gc
Wights are mighty undead Warriors who cannot find peace and therefore haunt the world restlessly. Many of them once were mighty chieftains, nobles or knights. They follow the Vampire with blind loyalty.
Wight 4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8
Weapons/Armor: Wights may choose from the Blood Dragon equipment list

Special Rules:
o Fear- Wights cause fear
o Immune to Psychology/Poisons- Wights are not affected by psychology or poisons
o Killing Blow: A roll of a 6 to hit will result in an automatic wound; take armor saves as normal
0-1 Dreg: 20gc
Dregs are pitiable beings, mostly crippled, with hunchbacks, outcasts of society because of their strange appearance. Although they are not really evil, they often have an unimaginable hate for human society. Vampires use them as servants and as they treat them very well, the Dregs are loyal to death to their undead master.
Dreg 4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 7

Weapons/Armor: Dregs may choose from the undead warrior equipment list

Henchmen
Skeleton Warriors: 15gc
Skeletons form the backbone of a Blood dragon warband. They are the raised remains of long dead warriors, ready to fight for their undead masters.
Skeleton 4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 5

Weapons/Armor: Skeleton Warriors may choose from the undead warrior equipment list
Special Rules:
o Fear- Skeletons cause fear
o Immune to Psychology/Poisons- Skeletons are not affected by psychology or poisons
o Slow- Only being made up of bones and necromantic magic skeletons are very slow; they may never run but may charge as normal
o No Brain- Do you really think an old pile of bones can learn? Skeletons may never gain experience
0-5*Grave Guard: 50gc
Grave Guard 4 3 2 4 4 1 2 1 6
Grave Guards are undead warriors, raised by the vampire to serve him as guards. Although they look very similar to ordinary skeletons, they are driven by an eternal hate for all living beings which can be seen in the green fire which burns within their empty eye sockets.
Weapons/Armor- Grave Guard may choose from the undead warrior equipment
Special Rules:
o Fear- Grave guard cause fear
o Immune to Psychology/Poisons- Grave guard are not affected by psychology or poisons
o Slow- Only being made up of bones and necromantic magic Grave guard are very slow; they may never run but may charge as normal
o Killing Blow: A roll of a 6 to hit will result in an automatic wound; take armor saves as normal

*You may never have more grave guard than skeletons in your warband

Bloodline Abilities
A vampire may choose one or more of the following bloodline abilities when he/she is able to choose a new skill.

Red Fury - The vampire falls into a horrible blood-rage, unstoppable for his enemies. He gains one additional Attack to his profile. May not bring attacks above racial maximum.
Killing Blow - The vampire is an expert fighter and every time he rolls a 6 to hit he automatically wounds his opponent. No parries are allowed, although the opponent may make an armor save.
Blood Lust - The red thirst takes over the vampire and he fights with a burning rage. He is subject to frenzy.
Shield Bash – The Vampire is a master of defense; if equipped with a shield and the Vampire passes his armor save he may make an additional attack at base strength in combat.
Strength of the Dragon - The vampire is extremely strong. He gains a +1 Strength bonus while charging.
Gift of Abhorash - The vampire is a very skilled in the art of necromancy and permanently raises the maximum number of Members in the warband by one.

Ok so there it is. It's probably better if you copy+past into word but i dont know. Tell me what you think guys

TKitch
21-03-2007, 11:55
what happens if the vampire dies?

Does the warband go poof? the other one does if you lose the vamp and necro, and you don't have a necro here.

Scanno
21-03-2007, 12:04
Don't see why the vamp should get access to shooting skills, or why the band in general gets longbows. Vampire counts, blood dragons in particular, are not known for their range combat expertise.

Fastforward rlz
21-03-2007, 17:26
Well as far as the Vampire dying, I havent decided yet. Maybe you could help me. Perhaps the Dreg steps up as a necromancer but then again that may be to complex. The skills list is a copy/past error. Only the Dreg has shooting and the long bow is for him or the henchmen. I could make a seperate list for him so that the henchmen don't have longbows.