PDA

View Full Version : Friendlies now no SPP

tenpole
10-02-2007, 23:49
Benny has just pointed out to me that the ruling is now no SPP for friendlies. Well that was great bringing that rule in without anyone noticing. I thought we had the rule of only playing same opponent 1 in every three games maximum.

Now the rule is their my team is left naked of SPP as I cannot get to play evenings.

Unless I misunderstood the rules and it meant while "IN" a tournament you can play friendlies but with no spp. While in a tournament fumbbl will not let the team concerned upload the result anyway.

So certain teams have been pumping themselves up and now there is a sudden cut off point with no warning. I am getting fed up with this.

PhrollikK
11-02-2007, 11:46
This came totally out of the blue and I'm abit confused by this... Wasn't the whole point of friendlies inbetween events to boost up teams that were abit weaker to level the competition? Anyhow I would have voted against this as imo the reason to play a team diminishes if it "doesn't count". I will rather play Ranked games and such vs. other warseer members than play games with no real meaning. I mean you don't socialize that much during play anyways, if that is implied in the "there's a meaning to playing non-FUMBBL games" motivation.

Autobot HQ
11-02-2007, 12:39
I didn't explain the rule I guess.

Outside of tournament games and friendly games = two seperate things. Friendlies are games played purely for fun between the teams out of the league enviroment. In the league enviroment you can still play games outside of a tournament, just with the 3:1 ratio. I need to rewrite that rule as it's causing alot of confusion that I'm tryin to provent skilling up when I'm not, I just want to see more games played that don't count.

2 seperate things people, two serperate things. I'll PM y'all on fumbbl explaining this again

A-HQ

tenpole
11-02-2007, 12:49
I am still confused, not hard. Can I play a friendly now with someone and earn SPP as a tournament is not on.

And if so i cannot play this opponent until i have played three other games with someone else.

Autobot HQ
11-02-2007, 12:52
I'mn sure I said that...

TWO. SEPERATE. THINGS.

We are not in a tournament. You want a game that gives SPP = out of tournament game (until I think of a new title). You then cannot plat that person again for anothe 2 games as per the 1:3 ratio.

We are, or are not, in a tournament. You want a laugh. Play a friendly against anyone. You wont get any SPP but there are other reasons to play you know.

tenpole
11-02-2007, 13:56
Lets call it comrade FREETIME. We are now official in comrade FREETIME.
But I am now not going to play for SPP because I want to be in the South side league. Yeehaa Dixie!

Autobot HQ
11-02-2007, 16:05
Freetime...yea, possibly. I'll be back home (well, leicester..god, which one is home at the moment?!) tonight where I'll be on msn if anyone wants a word, and I'll be seperating this new "freetime" ruling underneath the rules, so it hopefully, with a slight rewrite, avoid further confusion.

Hopefully have this all done by tonight.

A-HQ

LordSnotball
11-02-2007, 21:26
hehehee,

no SPPs sux. if u want a friendly with a guy from WBBL, just play ranked.

hehehee

no spps beats the purpose coz now u have teams who have benefited from a past of friendlies with spps. n now teams can't, which gives the previous teams an unfair advantage...

imo, stop messing around with the tournament and progress, and just let ppl have fun...

then again, that's coming from a guy who hasn't played a single match yet :)

-Snottie

Autobot HQ
11-02-2007, 21:38
*Assumes LordSnotball didn't read :P

We use SPP. I'm working on the rules being clearer now.

LordSnotball
11-02-2007, 22:03
heh, gluck clearing up the rules...

i know what i thought i read... and read all of the posts here, what u got was my uneducated interpretation of a lot of reading...

sowwy

-Snottie

Autobot HQ
11-02-2007, 22:15
lol no worries. And I'm in the middle of a rewrite now. Damn this is tricky, but I have a cunning plan..