PDA

View Full Version : 1k Core Slaanesh - Redux, Please Comment

Naxeur
11-02-2007, 03:16
130 pts. Exalted Champion of chaos. Enchanted Shield, Chaos Armor, Sword of Might, Mark of Slaanesh.

260 pts. 14 Chaos Warriors. Full Command. Heavy Armor, Shields. Mark of Slaanesh.

235 pts. 5 Chaos Knights. Full Command. Mark of Slaanesh.

114 pts. Beast Herd. 7 Gors with Hand Weapons and Shields. 6 Ungors with Spears and Shields.

36 pts. 6 Warhounds of Chaos.

150 pts. 5 Mounted Daemonettes.

75 pts. Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh.

1000 pts.

EndlessBug
11-02-2007, 14:06
I'd lose the spawn and make the knights chosen.

and no magic in slaaneshi list? IMO they have the nicest spells in the game.

Naxeur
11-02-2007, 15:05
Well the next 500 pts is going to have magic in it. In 1k I just wanted to make sure I had enough troops.

I like the spawn to hold up units.

Neknoh
11-02-2007, 15:41
Well, the Herd is not properly equipped, lest you are to use it solely for screening, which would be a mistake on your behalf, you only have one good infantry unit, nothing to support it or anything, I would drop this unit and mount your Exalted on a Chaos Steed or a steed of Slaanesh, I would then use the rest of the points to get two units of Marauder Horsemen, if you then drop the beastherd, you will still have enough points for a second unit of Mounted Daemonettes

The problem with an army lke that would however be that you lack anything to protect you from magic, but your current list isn't properly supported to take on the stronger lists in 1k (Necro summoning horde, Goblin armies etc. etc.)

And your points are incorrect on your Exalted Champion as well, there's a lot of fiddling to do here.

at 1k, Chaos can't afford to field knights AND warriors if you want one, then the other will almost always have to be passed up, for instance, if the warriors are dropped, you can get one unit of Marauder Horsemen to augment the Knights, you can then use the leftover points to invest in another Beastherd (a big and proper one) as well as beefing up the current beastmen.

That would also work

you have several ways to go, but you are trying to walk each of them

Naxeur
12-02-2007, 19:00
I don't really like Marauders....

What if I were to drop the Chaos Spawn and beef up the beast herd?

And possibly drop the daemonettes for something else. Any advice is appreciated.

Neknoh
12-02-2007, 20:59
Your knights and warriors need the support from the Daemonettes, but I would deffinately reckomend a beefing up of the Herd so as to get another fighty infantry unit

Naxeur
13-02-2007, 15:02
167 pts. Exalted Champion of chaos. Shield, Gaze of the Gods, Sword of Might, Chaos Armor, Mark of Slaanesh.

260 pts. 14 Chaos Warriors. Full Command. Heavy Armor, Shields. Mark of Slaanesh.

235 pts. 5 Chaos Knights. Full Command. Mark of Slaanesh.

137 pts. Beast Herd. 9 Gors with Hand Weapons and Shields. 11 Ungors with Spears. Full Command.

120 pts. 8 Furies

75 pts. Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh.

994 pts.

I think this might be a bit more balanced/work better.

Garanaul the Black
15-02-2007, 00:07
I don't really like Marauders....

You don't like the look of them or you don't like the way they play? Personally, I prefer the whole 'enemy within' theme, I substitute Empire (Free Company) and assorted Mordheim figures to get the look across. They're relatively cheap and effective for rank bonus purposes, a hammer or anvil depending on what you need / prefer.

G