PDA

View Full Version : Arch Lector Prayers

sholcomb
11-02-2007, 08:03
An Arch Lector is allowed to cast 2 prayers per turn. My question is, can he cast 2 "remains in play" prayers during the same turn? Can a Warrior Priest or Arch Lector have several "remains in play" prayers going on at the same time (one of each of course)?

The Empire book specifies that prayers act like bound items, but the Rulebook doesn't say whether or not spells cast from bound items can remain in play while the wizard casts other spells. On the same note, does using a bound spell in a magic item negate an existing "remains in play" spell used by the wizard?

This is a big deal, since not being able to have 2 prayers remain in play at the same time would seriously play down the value of an Arch Lector. The only way you could actually cast two prayers in one phase then, would be if you were in HTH casting Soulfire, or had a character within 12" that needed Healing Hand which you could cast before one of the remaining 3 "remains in play" prayers. Usually I don't have either of these situations going on in the first couple of turns.

Axel
11-02-2007, 10:18
That matter was discussed some time before here, and remained inconclusive, means: some insist that bound items do not interfere with magic, some say they do and thus terminate remain in play.

The written rules on it can be interpreted both ways.

Atrahasis
11-02-2007, 11:33
The 6th edition Arch Lector rules specifically said that they could cast 2 RiP prayers in the same magic phase.

The new Empire book doesn't specify, but it seems odd that the AL would be so useless.

Mephistofeles
11-02-2007, 19:18
There was a sixth edition Arch Lector!?

Keller
11-02-2007, 21:11
There was a sixth edition Arch Lector!?

It was released in a WD issue, but deemed official.

ffarsight
12-02-2007, 08:25
Yes they can cast it, otherwise it would suck big... but the question is can they cast the same twice?

And in the next turn can they cast the same to other character and mantain the 1st? - i think not, but can they have 3 diferent rip prayers in two consecutive turns?