PDA

View Full Version : Empire Coin

Swifty
11-02-2007, 12:23
I got these a few years back as dinner tokens at a warhammer world open day. we paid at Bugmans then went through to the big staff cafateria where we were meant to hand them to the cashier in exchange for our dinner but for some reason she forgot to accept mine and my mates (but we still got the dinner :D ) as i was the only one of the two of us that played wfb he gave his to me so now i have 2.

i have never seen any around before until i went on the special edition model thread that was posted recently which said they were a skullz promotion. though i can never remember seeing them for skullz and i followed the promotion pretty closely.

anyone have any more info on these? i also beleive there was a 40k imperial credit which was triangular with an eagle on one side that was used for the other meal (i had a bugmans burger :D and i think the other was healthy so we didnt have that one lol.) also any idea how much they are worth?

This isnt my photo it was stolen off the wiki website though on the other side it has a massive griffon coming out of a crown holding a hammer. ill try and get some pics up of the other side of the coin later.

Harry
11-02-2007, 13:50
Got mine the same way. Gave it to a friend recently.
I have also been told they were part of the skulz promotion bet I never saw it there!
There was also one with a Lizardman Glyph on it produced for a different event.
They appear from time to time on e-bay but they are not very sort after and so don't change hands for very much.

t-tauri
11-02-2007, 13:57
They weren't part of the UK skulz programme but they're an interesting little curiousity for collectors and the usually go for 5-10 on ebay.

Angelwing
11-02-2007, 13:58
i had one briefly at a visit to gw hq. exchanged it for a meal!
i never saw it in the skulz promo either. it must have been hidden away as part of one of the deals.