PDA

View Full Version : 2250 TK ETC rules

Meraklis
11-02-2007, 19:32
Today I took part in a local tournament that used the rules that will be used in the Polish tournament of August 2007 (I think its called European team championship). In short the rules state that I can field 2250 points. Maximum 9 power dice (each dice used for an incantation counts as a power dice) , 10 dispel dice, no rare choise doublicates, no more than 2 identical special choises and a maximum of 3 chariots per army.Also no more than 3 identical core choises.
I feel that these rules create a lot of problems for the TK who rely on magic.

I faced against two brettonian armies and I lost both battles. The army list I used is the following:

Tomb King (1#, 265 Pts)
1 Destroyer of Eternities @ [70] Pts
1 Collar of Shapesh @ [25] Pts

Tomb Prince (2#, 199 Pts)
Great Weapon, chariot
1 Golden eye of Rah-Nutt @ [25] Pts
1 Chariot of Fire @ [25] Pts

Liche Priest (1#, 160 Pts)
1 Hieratic Jar @ [25] Pts
1 Cloak of the Dunes @ [20] Pts

Liche Priest (1#, 165 Pts)
2 Dispel Scroll @ [50] Pts

Tomb Swarm (2#, 90 Pts)

Chariots (9#, 165 Pts)
1 War Banner @ [25] Pts

Skeleton Warriors (25#, 240 Pts)
1 Banner of the Undying Legion @ [25] Pts

Tomb Guard (20#, 310 Pts)
1 Icon of Rakaph @ [40] Pts, full command

Ushabti (4#, 260 Pts)

Tomb Scorpion (1#, 85 Pts)

Bone Giant (1#, 220 Pts)

The list worked quite well although the Ushabti proved useless ( or I am inadequate to use them :cries: ) .

I think that I should drop the giant and get a casket and a catapult with skulls of the foe. I also think that I should drop the ushabti and get another 20 strong Tomb guard unit and place the prince in there with scorpion armour. The idea being that these guys will soak up enemy charges so that the other guys can pile in.
What do you think?

druchii
11-02-2007, 20:18
Today I took part in a local tournament that used the rules that will be used in the Polish tournament of August 2007 (I think its called European team championship). In short the rules state that I can field 2250 points. Maximum 9 power dice (each dice used for an incantation counts as a power dice) , 10 dispel dice, no rare choise doublicates, no more than 2 identical special choises and a maximum of 3 chariots per army.Also no more than 3 identical core choises.
I feel that these rules create a lot of problems for the TK who rely on magic.

I faced against two brettonian armies and I lost both battles. The army list I used is the following:

Tomb King (1#, 265 Pts)
1 Destroyer of Eternities @ [70] Pts
1 Collar of Shapesh @ [25] Pts

Tomb Prince (2#, 199 Pts)
Great Weapon, chariot
1 Golden eye of Rah-Nutt @ [25] Pts
1 Chariot of Fire @ [25] Pts

Liche Priest (1#, 160 Pts)
1 Hieratic Jar @ [25] Pts
1 Cloak of the Dunes @ [20] Pts

Liche Priest (1#, 165 Pts)
2 Dispel Scroll @ [50] Pts

Tomb Swarm (2#, 90 Pts)

Chariots (9#, 165 Pts)
1 War Banner @ [25] Pts

Skeleton Warriors (25#, 240 Pts)
1 Banner of the Undying Legion @ [25] Pts

Tomb Guard (20#, 310 Pts)
1 Icon of Rakaph @ [40] Pts, full command

Ushabti (4#, 260 Pts)

Bone Giant (1#, 220 Pts)

The list worked quite well although the Ushabti proved useless ( or I am inadequate to use them :cries: ) .

I think that I should drop the giant and get a casket and a catapult with skulls of the foe. I also think that I should drop the ushabti and get another 20 strong Tomb guard unit and place the prince in there with scorpion armour. The idea being that these guys will soak up enemy charges so that the other guys can pile in.
What do you think?

I love the idea of Ushabti. Unfortunately, I'm absolutely terrible at handling them. Light Chariots trump the big guys anyday. Sure they're marginally weaker on the charge (although they put out a few more attacks, but majorly at S5 and 4) but they've got a 16" charge range.

I really use the chariots as countercharge units, using the big blocks of skeletons to absorb the initial charge, followed by a charge in the flank from a chariot unit.

The catapult and caked would be incredible additions. In a "defensive" TK army, I find them invaluable. Lobbing that double firing stone thrower, and forcing ld checks (even on armies like lizardmen and slaanesh!) every turn is awesome.

d