PDA

View Full Version : The Slannesh Warriors

The Muffin Man
11-02-2007, 22:29
The Beginning
On the hive world of Horn a gigantic hord of Chaos Space Marines from the Iron Warriors legion burst from the Maelstorm and attacked with an unstoppable fury. They had an almost unlimited supply of ammo from thousands of years of pillaging and raids. The defence of Horn was pafetic at best. After having its Space Fleet destroyed within hours there was no way to contact neighbouring planets. The Iron warriors then landed their troops. Cultists, Marines, Dreadnoughts, Tanks and Titans. In the beginning part of the war the Iron Warriors took no casualties at all. Instead of assaulting the individual Hives they bombarded them with billions of tones of ordanance intill they simply collapsed from the damage. Attacking Imperial Guard regiments found miles of trenches full of heavy weapons. With attacking the Iron warriors posistion found impossible the Plantery Govenor decided that everyone should stay in the hives and wait for help from the neighbouring planets.

Slannesh Takes Its Hold
There was only one place on this entire world where the air wasnt so polluted it killed instantly. On this island a haven of beatufill grassland and majestic moutains lay. Here a small city thrived. Yet there lay a terrible power within the tallest moutains sorrounding the city. A drug so terribly addictive and with its effects so potent that its user was intoxicated for weeks with just one use. The city's govener had ordered for this drug to be destoryed and that anyone found with it was to be killed imidealitly. Thousands of people were enployed to find these drug abusers and they were so effective that no-one dared to try and find this drug called Naitch or they would have to have face the full punishment of the law. Thats was untill the Iron Warriors atacked the island. With their artillay unable to navigate the moutanious landscape the Chaos Marines had to attack in urban battles. With the city's population mind was taken of everything but the attacking Iron Warriors, Naitch began to circulate within some of the citys population.

The Marines Downfall
After the city had been destroyed Naitch began to circulate between some of the Iron Warriors. They were nearly all killed when the disgusted Chaos Lord found out yet some escaped. Bitter against there brothers and fighting against insanity as their bodys called for the drug witch they did not have a God whispered to them. It promised them gifts, pleasure and most importantly Naitch if they could convert there former bretheren to worship him. The Renegade Marines saw no choice as they still valiailty battled Naitch's side effects. With the war over and all Imperial resistance destroyed all the Iron Warriors were called to their Lord in celebration. The Renegade Marines managed to infiltrate the celebration and tainted the water supply with their last supply of Naitch that their god has led them too. They left quikly but returned a month later. Here they were met with thousands of screams as they saw the Iron warriors crawling along the ground shouting insanley as their bodies called out for a drug they had unwillingly taken. The Renegade Marines called to there bretherin to all worship their God and to serve him for all enternity and they would be lifted from their insanity and be given rewards beyond their imgination. The Iron warriors agreed and they were striped of their madness. With Imperial Guard reinforcements coming from the neighbouring planets the Chao Space Marines left the planet, returning to the Maelstorm with their plunder and as much Naitch as they could find and vowed that they would return and cause as much carange as they once had. They wer enext seen hundreds of yars later raiding Horn which had been re-colonised. But these men were much different now. Their armour was made of beautiful jewells and they used sonic weaponry. They were no longer cold and calaculating they were the emobidment of pleasure and they worshiped Slannesh.

Well I just got some old style noise marines and I started painting one but its taking ages because of the insane amount of detail on them so Ill post pics of him tomorow. Here are my two lists I'm hoping to finish the first one before the end of summer.

HQ
Chaos Leautenent: MoS, power sword, bolt pistol, daemonic resilience, daemonic mutation, daemonic speed, daemonic icon (110)

Troops
6 Noise Marines: MoS, 5 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster, aspiring champion ( 149)

6 Daemonettes (90)
=499

HQ
Chaos Lord: MoS, power sword, bolt pistol, daemonic icon (91)

Elites
6 Possesed Marines: MoS, daemonic talons, aspiring champion (192)
Rhino: smoke launchers (53)

Troops
6 Noise Marines: MoS, 5 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster, aspiring champion, power weapon ( 149)

6 Noise Marines: MoS, 5 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster, aspiring champion, power weapon ( 149)

6 Marines: CCW, aspiring champion, powersord, MoS (124)
Rhino: smoke launchers (53)

6 Daemonettes (90)

Fast Attack
6 Marine Bikers: MoS, aspiring champion, power sword (234)

Heavy Support
Dreadnought: extra CCW (90)
Dreadnought: extra CCW (90)
=1494

Boss_Salvage
12-02-2007, 15:32
Good to start small and build up. 500 point list is solid, I look forward to seeing the models to go with it. Old skool noise marines should be very neat to see again :D

- Salvage

Arkzein
12-02-2007, 17:35
Always glad to see Slaanesh/EC logs, especially when they're going to include the old school noise marine models that I much prefer over the new ones. Nice original fluff for them as well.

Looking forward to pictures. :)

The Muffin Man
13-02-2007, 23:31
Ok well here is my first model. Each one is going to have a variation on this colour scheme so they all look different since it seems strange that a slaanessh warrior would try and have his armour look like his comrades while seeking out his own pleasures. Glad you like the fluff Ill expand on it later but I'm a bit lacking on ideas I'll be posting my next minature by the end of the week so please do comment.

The Muffin Man
19-02-2007, 22:16
Wow 356 views and 2 comments lol. Come on guys. Well another model is finished and I'm nearly done on the third. I'm trying to think of a colourscheme for my non-noise marines any ideas?

Quin 242
19-02-2007, 23:01
Old School Noise marines... you don't see them much.. about as often as old School Daemonettes..
The new ones just look so much better. I have a FEW of the old weapons on my EC's but the bodies and heads are attrocious :(

That said, yours look good.
Well done.

The Muffin Man
20-02-2007, 22:29
I like the old ones they have lots of detail. Ideally I would have the new sonic weapons and heads on the old bodys but I really cant afford that (well maybe the heads you will see what I'm talking about on my next model).
Im really pleased that all the colours come together even when there are so many on my new noise marine and they look really great together. Only 3 more to go. And keep the comments coming.

The Muffin Man
27-02-2007, 15:28
Rihgt this guy is nearly finished. I need to get some green stuff to attach the head because there are some gaps and I need to tidy him up a bit (look at the second picture to see what i mean). The next two marines are going to be really dark because I have quite a few light models now. Dunno what I'm going to do afterwards. Keep the suggestions coming.

TheReaper
27-02-2007, 16:02
Nice painting! It would make them a little bit more conected to their fluff if just some parts of their armour where painted like iron warriors, since that's what they used to be

The Muffin Man
27-02-2007, 16:24
While Im not going to do it on these guys I'm going to do it on the Hq's bodygaurd and the HQ himself nice idea though hadnt thought of that. Righting some more background on these guys right now which Ill post once Ive finished the squad. Im thinking once Ive painted the 500 point slaanesh army I could paint some 500 point Iron Warriors to go with them.

The Muffin Man
03-03-2007, 18:44
Well I have decided to split some of the models into different squads to keep at least a bit of coherency. Noise marine squad "joy" will consist of the orange and green guy while Noise marine squad "grief" will contain the purple, blue and the red and blue guy.

With a few of the rank and file guys done I'm thinking of some grand coversions for the Aspiring Champions.

For squad "joy" I'm thinking of bright gold armour. He will have his power sword by his side and a slave will be on the floor before him or her with his or her sonic blaster.

For squad "grief" I'm thinking of a robed figure with the slaanesh WHFB mounted lords head with a sonic blaster in one hand in the power sword in the other. He/ she will be mostly black and dark blue.

Anyway enougth musing here is my newest member to my army the blue and red guy!

The Muffin Man
10-03-2007, 01:18
Jeeze its taking alot of time to finish just 10 models lol. This guy is going in squad "joy" boosting there number up to 3. I'm going to build a 750 point list then Ill start doing some battle reports and here is that 750 point list:

HQ
Chaos Leautenant: MoS, power sword, bolt pistol, daemonic icon (76)

Troops
6 Noise Marines: MoS, 5 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster, aspiring champion, power weapon (139)

6 Noise Marines: MoS, 5 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster, aspiring champion, (139)

6 Marines: CCW, aspiring champion, powersord, MoS (124)

6 Daemonettes (90)

6 Daemonettes (90)

Heavy Support
1 Dreadnough: 2 close combat weapons (90)

The Muffin Man
12-03-2007, 21:23
I really enjoyed painting this model especially the purple so much so that my next model is going to be completly pink. Im really enjoying the perverted side of slaanesh (and no that does not reflect in my personalitie, well maybe, a little) and I hope that the Aspiring Champion coverstions will show that.

FarseerUshanti
12-03-2007, 21:47
Excellent paint job, My friend is starting a slaneesh army and going the whole nine yards in terms of painting, conversion, forgeworld bits and the like . I 'm gonna have to show him oyur thread for inspiration

The Muffin Man
13-03-2007, 22:55
Ahh cheers mate thats really inspired me to put some extra work into these models.

The Muffin Man
17-03-2007, 20:54
well here is some fluff, trying to show how insane my marines have become I feel I have managed to captivate the drugged feeling within the story although i did have a little help lol. And here is also my daemonette which I had a great time painting.

Hmmm, the sound of battle is so...pleasurable. Shouts and screams, death and destruction. Yet there was an anomaly, barley audible. A small mewing sound. The voice was scented with an emotion; fear that was it. Such a strange emotion. I have not felt it for a long time but its unexpected arrival had made me curoius. I looked for the source. Ahah there you are. Its O.K, on my back, it will be safe there. My slave Slizeeth clambered around my body. Her drugged body clumbsily trying to keep hold of my ornate armour. A huge explosion close by brought the battle back to my attention. I chose a pleasent pace down the hill to the ruined city so I could take in the views. Tut, tut not good at all so dusty and grimy, not to my liking at all. In the middle of my touring flashes of energy flew by as the enemy tried to repel me and my brothers and sisters from entering their domain. I lifted up my weapon and targeted the tiny toys. A boom and they were torn assunder by orgasmic screams from my Sonic Blaster. What a disgraceful death I chuckled. Yet something felt wrong as if I had suddenly lost weight. A stupid thought indeed, but I was supicous. Then, there on the floor, my beautiful Slizeeth, dead! Somehow the pafetic gaurdsmen had hit her. She was my faverite. I loved her. How could I go on. It was pointless. I fell to the floor. Cradling the corpse of my recently decied slave. I sobbed for what seemed like hours. My vision clouded. But something was in focus, more of the hated enemy. They would feel my vengeance. I charged with the ferocity of an primal animal. Kill alllllllllllll of them! Hack, slash and cut. The motions were repeated in a frenzie of anger untill all I was hacking thin air. While none of the guardsmen were dead the horrendous injurys would kill them soon enougth. I was satisfied and moved on looking for something else to grab my attention.

The Muffin Man
18-03-2007, 19:33
These daemonettes are joy to paint. Their curved forms are really easy to highlight so you can great results with little effort. I have only 1 daemonette to paint and 3 more noise marines and then Ill have to buy some more models :(. Perhaps I will treat myself with a character and see what sort of crazy conversions I can think of. More storys to come soon.

Mutantdale
18-03-2007, 20:37
Slaanesh...mmmm.. :angel:

Keep it up looking good so far

MD