PDA

View Full Version : Krieg help!

Colonel Stagler
12-02-2007, 01:01
Today after dinner i went round to my mates and i played a patrol clash with my new krieg, i used

platoon command
2 infantry squads
10 stormtroopers
1 thudd gun

i got absolutely battered by his vostroyans, he took

platoon command with priest and commisar
2 infantry squads
3 lascannon
3 mortars

were am i going wrong, my mate wiped the floor with my krieg, i am slightly disappointed i lost so badly since i have spent over 600 quid on this army already :( , Krieg players, help me out, show me your lists, advice, i need it all ,help, please!

Baneboss
12-02-2007, 03:33
You guys tooled the lists or used what you got? Considering he takes Carapace armour you should invest in heavy bolters. Take deep striking veterans squad. Thudd gun is worse than big mortar against 4+ saves (if you guys allow ordnance in patrol clashes).

On the other hand how did he manage to take heavy support squads if he doesnt have a HQ or at least another platoon HQ taken from heavy support choice?

GL with your Krieg, i am going to buy some soon :)

Bregalad
12-02-2007, 10:53
I am no IG expert, but here my guess:
With so few points, a big thudd gun is a too big point sink. Patrols have no heavy artillery with them for a reason ;) Go for the usual weapon teams instead.
IG is not good at close combat. But Vostroyan Carapace doctrine negates some of the Stormtroopers effectiveness.

Chaos and Evil
12-02-2007, 12:00
Against guard, take Heavy Bolters.... lots of Heavy Bolters. :)

Colonel Stagler
12-02-2007, 17:06
in our patrol rules were not allowed to use ordinance so thats why i took a thudd gun, i took heavy bolters in my infantry squads an they didnt seem to do much good , i must of killed like 2 guardsmen with them lol, most probably due to bad shooting rolls i guess. Ill just have to hope it was a bad game and my other games dont go so badly :)[dice0]