-Horn or Urok
-sword of might

2x lvl 2 NG shamans
-staff of snky stealin
-nibbla's itty ring
-3 magic mushrooms

Gobblin Bigboss
-wolf, 1 hit wunda, brimstone bauble

3x 30 NG with spears, full command, nets and 2 Fanatics ea.

2x 5 Wolf Riders, musician, spears, bows

2x 5 Spider Riders, musician, spears, bows

8 Squighoppers

Wolf Chariot

2 Spear Chukkas

Doom Diver

Giant

brings me to 2038. What should I change?

Vattendroppe
12-02-2007, 06:30
To start off with you can only have one each of that stealing staff and itty ring-thing (rime!), since they're magical items. But I think I can have got the list completely wrong also...

You can always get rid of some mushrooms or the chariot.

konate
12-02-2007, 06:59
To start off with you can only have one each of that stealing staff and itty ring-thing (rime!), since they're magical items. But I think I can have got the list completely wrong also...

You can always get rid of some mushrooms or the chariot.

Yeah, that was unclear. Those items are divided amongst the 2 shamans.

No chariot you say? Ok.

Teach
12-02-2007, 08:40
There are a lot off points in your charakters. Lose one or make the lord a hero.

Dranthar
12-02-2007, 10:05
Well the simplest way would be to remove the spears from 2 of your NG units. That saves you 60pts for something you'll probably rarely use to start with (nets & HW/Shield is better IMO).

In a more general sense, for a 2000pt Goblin army you seem to be pretty light on the infantry. I'd find the points to at least add a unit of either squig herds or Night Goblins.

Vattendroppe
12-02-2007, 11:11
No chariot you say? Ok.

Yep, no chariot. But that's just my oppinion, never thought chariots were any good. But I guess there certainly are people that use them better than I do :)

konate
12-02-2007, 12:22
I just watched a tournament where the winner was a shooty Empire army. He was untouchable. So, with that in mind I went with 4 units of fast cavalry, and the chariot.

Am I being too overzealous with 4 units of fast cavalry? I just painted the chariot, so I think I'll use that for the time-being.

I was also wondering about the spears. I thought they'd be useful, seeing the number of attacks when charged (which I figure will happen more often than not). Otherwise, as bad as they are, I can't see the unit ever getting to fight back. Of course, another reason I've fielded them is due to my Skull Pass accumulation. The current Gobbo tactics is towards hand weapon and shields? I'm a little unclear on the concept. Would someone be so kind and explain that to a thick-skull like me?

I have 2 squig herds painted up, and I love them. Just couldn't figure out how to jam them into the army, with so many other concerns. I'd appreciate other ideas on how to get them in there.

Is there anything else that seems a bit off?

konate
12-02-2007, 12:31
Also, is the Horn of Urgok that useful? It seems a bit steep. I am very open to ideas concerning the general. I figured getting a warloard for the leardership was a good idea. The items I'm not so set on.

Count de Monet
12-02-2007, 14:18
Also, is the Horn of Urgok that useful? It seems a bit steep. I am very open to ideas concerning the general. I figured getting a warloard for the leardership was a good idea. The items I'm not so set on.

It is steep, given that it only works on your turn, and doesn't carry over. My favorite use for it is in combo with the Pipes of Doom, making it more likely that cav will panic. It also makes it harder for units to pass panic tests caused by the whirling fanatics on your turns.

Avian
12-02-2007, 14:26
Also, is the Horn of Urgok that useful?
Depends on what you mean by "useful". The most likely effect is that your oppnent will spend 1-2 Dispel dice on it per turn (possibly not the first turns), and if you have a lot of other magic to back that up with, then I would call it useful. I think it's reasonably useful with your setup.

Easy way to get a better army:
-drop spears from the infantry
-take fewer fanatics
-drop the giant

Four units of fast cavalry at 2k is not excessive, it's a pretty good amount.

konate
12-02-2007, 14:50
Drop the Giant? Good thing I haven't bought one yet. Not worth the points?

Festus
12-02-2007, 14:58
It will be a pincushion soon...

Vattendroppe
12-02-2007, 15:17
The giants are pretty unreliable when it comes down to cc, but they sure can be usefull! I field two of them in an WIP araby army of mine, mostly they do their job just fine.

Avian
12-02-2007, 15:19
Not worth the points?
Only really worthwhile missile target in the army. Giants work a lot better alongside a lot of other fast, hard-hitting stuff.

konate
12-02-2007, 15:52
So if I were to drop the giant, the spears, and 1 Fanatic each unit, that'd save me about 350pts therebouts after being over 38.

I'd probably go with a unit of 2 squig herders. Now my Special slots are all taken up (chariot, squig hoppers, spear chukkas, now herders). what to do with the other 300? Trolls? Another Doom Diver?

Was also thinking of maybe dropping one shaman, for a bsb who would take the Warboss's Horn of Urgok, then the Warboss would take the old shaman's Itty Ring. Keep the bsb wandering alone behind the Warboss's unit.

warlord hack'a
12-02-2007, 15:54
and do NOT drop the chariot, sooner get another one as you ened their S5 impact hits to do damage to the opponent. Dropping the spears form the night gobbos, as has been said twice already, is a good idea. Also drop the sword of might from your warboss and get one of those dirt cheap gobbo only weapons. Also dropping the bows form the wolf and spiderriders saves some point although this does mean that your units that are sure to get to within 16"of the enemy in turn 2 will not be able to shoot..