PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Mechanicus Army

SuperMitch
12-02-2007, 07:38
So ever since seeing the picture of the Skitarii in the BGB on the page talking about the Adeptus Mechanicus, I have harbored secret dreams of one day creating a forgeworld army. The questions that then arise are how to create such a force in rules and models.

Model-wise, I always liked the idea of combining necron parts with the cadian sprues. I think there may be some size issues with necrons being larger than guardsmen, but it could also look really cool. I also really like the look of the skitarii assault cannon-thing, but I don't know where I could find anything that looked like that, except for termie assault cannons which are out-of-the-question expensive. I could possibly scratch build them with small tubes. Any suggestions on how to further model a force of highly machine augmented humans would be greatly appreciated.

Rlueswise I think I would have to go for the Guard codex with some doctrines. The two main routes I see are using stormtroopers to represent skitarii, becuase they have better armor and weapons than normal guardsmen, or using the wargear doctrines. The doctrines that immediately come to mind are cyber enhancement (duh), carapace armor, sharpshooters (bionic eyes!), and techpriests (duh). The big problem with using carapace, bionics, and sharpshooters at the same time makes a guardsman cost as much as a sister of battle, with worse stats across the board. Although cyber enhancements are the most fluffy doctrine, I would also like my army to be somewhat playable, and I feel that the doctrine is one of the worst you can choose from. I would probably be happy with calling the obvious wysiwyg bionics on the troops carapace armor to represent thier increased hardiness, but I am still undecided on this point. Again, any advice would be great.

Destris
12-02-2007, 07:39
Or, you could just wait until FW release them. ;)
Steve

SuperMitch
12-02-2007, 08:55
Hold the phone... FW has scheduled release of Ad Mech models?!?

azazel_fallenangel
12-02-2007, 09:53
Has anyoe got a link to this picture, I haven't got the rulebook, but would love to see a picture of a Skitarii.

Bregalad
12-02-2007, 10:56
Most rumours are quite certain that Imperial Armour 6 is on AdMech and Titans (IA5 Chaos vs. Imperium: DKoK and Renegades). Some sculpts of an AdMech army have been seen. But no detailed rumours and pics yet.

Szczur22
12-02-2007, 12:49
IMHO GW should create Adeptus Mechanicus army when they finish making codexes- in 2008 or 2009 y. I think it gonna looks like SM, but will use more vehicles ,techmarines techpriest ect.

Sikkukkut
12-02-2007, 12:54
There's an Adeptus Mechanicus yahoogroup with a stack of different ideas for modelling and army representation, including various sorts of "counts as" versions as well as homebrew rules. I'd say it's definitely worth a look if you want to follow this through.

eleveninches
12-02-2007, 13:12
Id like to see them release an AM army eventually. If the void dragon rumour is true, and the mechanicum really does end up betraying the emperor in a future summer mega-campaign, then i'd like to see most of the iron hands and even the iron warriors join the mechanicum on the side of the void dragon.

SisterMordagg
12-02-2007, 16:45
Id like to see them release an AM army eventually. If the void dragon rumour is true, and the mechanicum really does end up betraying the emperor in a future summer mega-campaign, then i'd like to see most of the iron hands and even the iron warriors join the mechanicum on the side of the void dragon.

That would only kill the Imperium and destroy the game world as we know it, you do realize?

eleveninches
12-02-2007, 16:55
A full scale mechanicum rebellion would be an awesome summer campaign.

Or they could have it as a mechanicum civil war with half siding with the void dragon, and half with the imperium

Cirenivel
12-02-2007, 16:56

read the sigg..

Cirenivel

BodhiTree
12-02-2007, 20:01
Hortwerth made this a while ago, it's always pretty to look at. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30799)

Mozzamanx
12-02-2007, 20:08
Hmm, I think that the AdMech rebelling would cripple the imperium somewhat- No new vehicles, weapons, titans etc. would basically make reinforcing and rearming impossible.

So yeah, death to the imperium!
:D

(hurrah for tau)

Destris
12-02-2007, 20:26
Hold the phone... FW has scheduled release of Ad Mech models?!?

Yup indeedy, wait for Overwatch for a little bit more info. :)
Steve

The_Hrud
12-02-2007, 20:33
the skitarri are supposed to be like augmented bionic guardsmen with good equipment. i think they would have plenty of servitors walking around and battle suits kinda like the penitent engine.

Lothar bubonicus
12-02-2007, 23:07
This may be interesting to you.

This is a freely distributable file written by tim hucklebery from GW.

eleveninches
13-02-2007, 08:51
I've always thought that the SOB flagellents look like they could be used as mechanicus models, and a lot of the inquisitors henchmen models would fit in with the theme also

Apologist
13-02-2007, 09:41
a lot of the inquisitors henchmen models would fit in with the theme also
Indeed they do!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Cpl_Saint/Braun%20VI%20Skitarii/DCP_0785.jpg

But you can use bits from all over the place...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Cpl_Saint/Braun%20VI%20Skitarii/FronleftofArch-MagosII.jpg

...To make the adeptus mechanicus.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Cpl_Saint/Braun%20VI%20Skitarii/Arch-Magosandretinue.jpg

I'm so pleased that FW are finally bringing out skitarii but it's not stopping me from getting an army together for Dark Stars this year.

Here's my interpretation of the fellas (WIP).
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Cpl_Saint/Braun%20VI%20Skitarii/HypaspistManipleWIP.jpg

Lothar bubonicus
13-02-2007, 16:04
the bottom picture is a bit blurry so forgive me if I appear stupid here but what components have gone into making the troopers?