PDA

View Full Version : Throng of Zhufbar(Touurnament)

HolySanguinius
12-02-2007, 06:40
This is a Throng of Zhufbar, and has a large presence from the engineers guild along with some miners.

It is a tournament army for conflict, and I am aiming for a fun army with a theme, that won't perform too bad on the battle field.

All C&C appreciated. Thanks

Throng of Zhufbar.

HEROES

Engineer (80)
BoP

CORE

25 Warriors (250)
Full Command
Shields

10 Thunderers (140)

10 Quarrelers (120)
Shields

SPECIAL

Bolt Thrower (45)

Cannon (90)

8 Miners (118)
Full Command

RARE

Gyrocopter (140)

Total 983

Thoughts on the left over points?

Thanks

DLord
12-02-2007, 09:04
rune of reloading on cannon to make sure it always fires, for 10pts it great!
rune of burning on the bolt thrower just in case your against magical/wood/troll type enemies(5pts)
I'd probally lose the Brace of pistols on the engineer in exchange for a Rune of reloading on the bolt thrower.

It could be at a disadvantage with no decent hero to lead them, I would be tempted to change the engineer for a thane to put in your warrior unit. as that is your only real fighting unit and his good extra attacks will help.

Good tactical list though, very shooty! similar to my 2k dwarf army

Teach
12-02-2007, 09:05
I'm not so fond of master engineers anymore. Fluf wise, i would take 2 cannons and 2 units of thunderers instead of the miners and some less warriors.

DLord
12-02-2007, 17:28
I'm not so fond of master engineers anymore. Fluf wise, i would take 2 cannons and 2 units of thunderers instead of the miners and some less warriors.

The new Master engineers are the shizzle! They make your war machines loads more efficient (especially bolt throwers) and can help against skirmishers trying to attack for less than 100 pts. I am a fan of engineers needless to say.
Also changing the basic engineer to an upgrade was a great idea. Combined, both engineers really give dwarfs the best artillary

HolySanguinius
13-02-2007, 02:37
This is not a sole engineer guild army, just has some engineers guild representatives.

@ Dlord.

Unless I am mistaken Ro Reloading only helps when you have lost a crewman, not when you have rolled on the misfire table.

Pistols also make a engineer much better. 2 stand and shoot shots, and and extra attack in combat for 2 points is well worth it.

Ro Burning may be a good idea.

@ Teach

I' don't want to have too much of a gunline.

Thoughts?

dominic_carrillo
13-02-2007, 02:54
organ guns, i like them more than cannons. they tend to kill more of my
stuff than cannons.

Dspankdo
13-02-2007, 04:12
Give the quarrelers GWs and drop a few Warriors. Drop the miners an replace them with a thane and maybe another bolt thrower depending on how many warriors you drop.

DLord
13-02-2007, 16:16
Rune of reloading works with misfires as well i'm 99% sure(its my fave rune)

HolySanguinius
13-02-2007, 17:43
Put a little thought into it, and hopefully I have a bit more of a balanced army now. Can't figure out where to get the extra 2 warriors though.

HEROES

Engineer (80)
BoP

CORE

20 Warriors (205)
Full Command
Shields

18 Warriors (187)
Full Command
Shields

10 Thunderers (140)

10 Quarrelers (110)