PDA

View Full Version : LOME and tournies

Long_Fang
12-02-2007, 22:29
I just read the rules to the German official LOTR tourny, and no allies are allowed. Is that a universal tourny rule or something specific to the one I read?

Pertinax
12-02-2007, 23:13
It's the first time I've come over that. The UK GT that has just been held had allies.

Gondorian
13-02-2007, 00:32
That restriction just doesn't seem right to me. Sure it stops all the really horrible combinations that LoME doesn't prohibit but it also means that really well themed allied forces can't be played.

Garoth
13-02-2007, 07:29
And things like Ringwraiths are cannot be taken, as they are taken as Allies to other armies. You could of course take just some Ringwraiths, but I'm pretty sure that it is not going to work very well.

Long_Fang
13-02-2007, 08:38
Here is the link. It's on page 6.

http://www.games-workshop.de/home/veranstaltungen/gaming-events/2007/hdr-tourn/assets/HdR-Turnier-2007-Booklet.pdf

Pertinax
13-02-2007, 09:24
And things like Ringwraiths are cannot be taken, as they are taken as Allies to other armies. You could of course take just some Ringwraiths, but I'm pretty sure that it is not going to work very well.

Out of interest, Ed, who came 3rd this year at the UK GT, had 4 nazgul on fellbeasts. It worked very well.

Long_Fang
13-02-2007, 11:07
What about good wizards though? Never gonna see an army of those.

Pertinax
13-02-2007, 13:22
You'd struggle to make up the points using just them.

If you want to hit the opponent at this GT with something odd, and purely evil, then I would strongly consider the Nazgul.

There is a trick with them that you go out to get the objective, or a better win condition than the opponent, and then you will-burn some of your wraiths into death. That breaks your army, and the game ends. Thus, you win.

Note, this only works in scenarios that end when one side is broken, and being broken isn't a criteria for victory.

Fred_Scuttle
13-02-2007, 17:26
You'd struggle to make up the points using just them.

If you want to hit the opponent at this GT with something odd, and purely evil, then I would strongly consider the Nazgul.

There is a trick with them that you go out to get the objective, or a better win condition than the opponent, and then you will-burn some of your wraiths into death. That breaks your army, and the game ends. Thus, you win.

Note, this only works in scenarios that end when one side is broken, and being broken isn't a criteria for victory.

I never thought I'd see the 'Channel - Fireball' combo in a Miniature Game....:D

Fred