PDA

View Full Version : Roster Sheets

DaCone2
12-02-2007, 23:16
Hi Everyone,
I decided that i didn't like the Roster sheets that come with the main book is set out so i decided to make my own in Excel. I designed it so that once you have them, you can laminate them or use acitate on top of them and then write onto that so that afterwards you can just wipe it off. So this way things like ammo and whatever would be easy to work out during the game and then just wipe it off for the next game.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/DaCone2/Other/Roster1.jpg

Firstly, you can select the type of fighter in the grey box under "Ship Type:". It has a dropdown box so no worries about spelling screwing it up. This will make the spreadsheet automatically update to show:

All weapons for fighter type
Ammo for different weapons for fighter type
Amount of damage for the fighter type
How many points it is without upgrades
Page number of book that fighter type is on ( just in case really )

Next, if you clicked on the dropdown box underneath "Upgrade:" it will give you a list of options like "TB 1" and "VA 2". TB1 stands for Thunderbolt weapon load 1, VA 2 stands for Valkrie weapon load 2. Once you choose a selection, it will update the points for that craft underneath the "Points" heading.

If the craft is capable of carrying jump troops, then the jump troops heading will appear just above "Upgrade". ( See the third one down, the Valkrie ). The box underneath the heading has a dropdown with "Yes". If you choose this it will automatically update the costs again in the points bit. I made sure that if you try and put yes in the jump troops box without it being capable, then it doesn't charge you extra or show the jump troops heading.

The Damage and ammo fields shouldn't be manually changed on the speadsheet. I was thinking that if a weapon had 5 shots, then every time you fired it you could mark a tally on the laminated copy. So if you had a weapon which could fire 5 times and you had fired three then in the game it might look like: III / 5
This way you can wipe it clean after every game. The Kills field is also supposed to be filled in the same way.

There are a series of 12 boxes on the right hand side with numbers on. This is basically a more compact way of writing the maneuver card number for that turn, for that ship. Once again, after laminated they can be wiped clean after each game.

There is a field for "Ship / Pilot name" as well for identification and also you can put a picture for each ship on the very left hand side if you want to. I put this in cos my friend hasn't got any numbers or anything really identifyable on any of his ships. I think he is going to have minor changes between them so you could work out which one is which from the pictures.

The spreadsheet deals with all ships and ground defences. The ground defences have one sheet that shows all defences to all races as you can fit more on the page.

If anyone would like to use it, then they can PM me and i will e-mail it to them. Alternatively if someone can host it somewhere then that would be great.

I was actually thinking of doing it so that it included all the stats for each ship like min / max speed and thrust etc just so that you wouldn't have to keep looking it up and it would be fairly easy to put in but it might be fairly crowded and would probably be a copyright problem for GW.

I haven't used it yet since my printers having issues. Would someone be able to try it and tell me how it goes?

Tyra_Nid
12-02-2007, 23:20
That looks AWESOME. Ive just expanded the usual sheet to a full A4 size and sent a couple of for lamination yesterday... I really should have waited a day or two for this :p.

If you can send me a copy to tyra_nid [at] hotmail.com I would be happy to give it a go. And depending on file size I can host it too!

mattjgilbert
13-02-2007, 00:20
We've also been looking at a number of variants but have not chosen our final format yet. I'll post the various options we have come up with so far later...

Greblord
13-02-2007, 00:38
Phoenix, not Pheonix.

:)

Wolf-Tau
13-02-2007, 01:19
If you can PM me, I will be on later, I'd like to give it a try.

WT

mattjgilbert
13-02-2007, 11:08
My first attempt in power point (I'll try and make it a more friendly format if people want it): 18160

Can you PM me the spreadsheet DaCone2?

Charax
13-02-2007, 11:30
DaCone2, I'd like a copy of the spreadsheet too, if possible (swittainov@kriocoudek.mailexpire.com)

Matt, that PP roster's great - on mine I've removed the shadows and given them a thicker border so I can have a card for each aircraft.

What do people think of the Forgeworld rosters? I don't use them because I like being able to edit my rosters, but the design's nice.

mattjgilbert
13-02-2007, 11:32
Next time wolflord hovoc is around he might post his version up. He has more details again including the picture of each craft.

DaCone2
13-02-2007, 14:03
Right, have sent the file to those who gave me their addresses.

mattjgilbert, that roster is damn good as a first go with powerpoint. Thats a lot of boxes for the hits though :p

I thought that excel would be the best way to do the roster the way i imagined it cos all you have to do with this one, is fill in the grey fields with dropdown boxes. So all you have to do, is click the type of ship and what upgrade you want if any and it will work out the hits, weapons, ammo and points for that ship, for that upgrade for you and then total the pts at the bottom of each sheet.

I couldn't be bothered to keep filling all the weapons types out over and over again

fattdex
13-02-2007, 15:19
They worked and printed great!

Wolflord Havoc
13-02-2007, 16:21
I would post mine but I am a bit worried that as I have copied the aircraft info image directly from the book and pasted it into my roster sheets, that if I was to place it on here then Forge World would have me hunted down in order to have me knee capped before being tarred and feathered. :cries:

Christine
13-02-2007, 18:04
Funnily enough I was doing similar last night including laminating them. I just put together something that was similar to the one in the book but also included speed and altitude so that I could use the aircraft I have with scratch built bases.

mattjgilbert
13-02-2007, 19:50
Thats a lot of boxes for the hits though :p It's to accomodate the Manta ;)
Although there are not enough ammo boxes for the Manta so I need to do a version two...

...might mean less ships per sheet unless I can work some magic.

mattjgilbert
13-02-2007, 19:51
I would post mine but I am a bit worried that as I have copied the aircraft info image directly from the book and pasted it into my roster sheets, that if I was to place it on here then Forge World would have me hunted down in order to have me knee capped before being tarred and feathered. :cries:I think you are fairly safe. After all, anyone using them will be doing so because they own or play the game anyway. Unless you printed the entire rulebook on each page? :p

ml2sjw
13-02-2007, 21:49
I suggest you steal the silhouettes from the counters that are doing the rounds currently after all the cat is out of the bag on that one

DaCone2
13-02-2007, 22:29
Oh crikey yes the manta. Duh. :D

mageboltrat
13-02-2007, 22:45
I think you are fairly safe. After all, anyone using them will be doing so because they own or play the game anyway. Unless you printed the entire rulebook on each page? :p

At Games day there was a kid slyly photographing every page of the beta rulebook, Forgeworld staff stood there laughing as it was 50 pages.

DaCone2
13-02-2007, 22:51
Something that i forgot to put in the description at the top which isn't always immediately obvious - in the upgrades drowdown menu, the first letter stands for whatever the ship type is. So TB 1 Would be Thunderbolt Weapon Load 1.

To be fair he may have been daft, but he didn't have to buy a 35 book.

Depends on how much you need the money i spose.

Myself i love the forgeworld books. Have all of them.

Has anyone actually tried carrying Imperial armour 1-4 + Updates and IA??
I think will soon be so dense that they will generate their own gravitational field. :confused:

Taros was the best one though.

mattjgilbert
14-02-2007, 08:49
At Games day there was a kid slyly photographing every page of the beta rulebook, Forgeworld staff stood there laughing as it was 50 pages.That's awesome. Just need to get myself a 3D printer and I'll start scanning their models in next time :evilgrin:

Wolflord Havoc
14-02-2007, 13:41
Oh...all right who needs kneecaps and good skin anyway. :D

And I hear that the Feather look is in (New DA Codex har har).

Edit: This has been done in power-point. Sorry if you don't have power-point.

fattdex
14-02-2007, 14:07
scanned book bits might be a nono.. looks good otherwise. need valkyrie and vulture!

Wolflord Havoc
14-02-2007, 14:52
scanned book bits might be a nono.. looks good otherwise. need valkyrie and vulture!

And the Marauder Destroyer as well as the Aquila and Arvus lander......then its the Xenos and Space marines to do.

But I can only do it @ work when my boss is not looking. :D

DaCone2
14-02-2007, 17:30
Ah, the cunning "Make it look like i am working" tactic . . .

Wolflord Havoc
02-03-2007, 15:22
Okay I have finished the Imperials

I have not proof read it yet so any errors let me know

tanker
02-03-2007, 17:37
Nice sheets. Yeah the scans are probably not legal but why FW didn't provide useful sheets is beyond me. That air combat record sheet they give is completely worthless (not to mention it eats toner!).

tanker
02-03-2007, 17:39
Oh, and maybe add the 'fuel low' and 'disengage' reminders on the turn tracks or shade them or something?

fattdex
05-03-2007, 02:04
Big thanks for those Wolflord Havoc!!!

I have Imperial and Chaos, and these should help me out immensely

DaCone2
13-03-2007, 19:30
Has anyone who tried my roster sheets used them? Were they any use?

Steam_Giant
13-03-2007, 22:49
Yes I have been using them, Havn't got them laminated tho :( , so have been using a pencil. I really like the scale of it, particulary that the turns are so compact. Much easier to use than the sheet in the back of the book. Plus it doubles as an easy reference sheet :)

Grats
Steam

Slekith
14-03-2007, 03:26
Nice work. Warwick may be a great game developer and better scuptor but as a designer I think he sucks! The "default" roster sheet is useless.