PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Chaos Slaanesh

Pontus
20-07-2005, 12:02
Gonna play a few 1500 battles with some friends, and I thought Id run my army list by for inspection. The army relies on speed and magic, hitting hard and fast. Personal thoughts and coments within bracets.

Exalted Chaos Champion [174]
MoS, great weapon, steed of Slaanesh, enchanted shield, general
(Extreamly fast and hits very hard considering the points cost)

Chaos Sorcerer [190]
MoS, level 2, power familiar
(Primary spellcaster)

Bray Shaman [160]
Staff of Darkoth, the dark heart, level 2
(Leads the beastherd, item combo gives the herd additional speed)

12 Chaos Warriors [302]
MoS, chosen, full command
(My only "solid" footman block, will probably lead the center)

5 Chaos Knights [295]
MoS, chosen, full command
(Best of the best, will roll up and crush the heaviest oposition)

6 Mounted Daemonettes [180]
(Devastating charge, flank unit)

8/8 Beast Herd [123]
2nd hand weapon, full command
(This unit is lead by the shaman, they are ment to soak missile fire)

1 Fiend of Slaanesh [75]
(One of the most usefull units ever, included as a speedbump)

What do you think?

Megilain
20-07-2005, 12:14
If the herd is meant to soak up missile fire, I would probably use more ungors than gors as they are the ones that get hit and are a lot cheaper too. Since you have two wizards of which as you state the Slaaneshi is the main man, I would consider exhanging the power familiar for a spell familiar and use the remaining points on something else. Slaanesh spell are quite expensive casting cost-vise, so you will probably throwing two spells a turn with the maximum 3 power dice a spell, leaving the one remaining dice gained with the familiar almost useless. On the other hand, one more shot at the best spells of the lore can be quite valuable...

plasmapuff
20-07-2005, 13:13
A few ideas:
1) reduce daemonettes to 5. They get shot up really easily, so you dont want to loose 180 points in 1 hit for 6 T3 wounds ward save or not.

2) Chosen warriors IMO are a waste of points. Its simply not efficient for the amont of hurt it puts out. Instead maybe get a largish unit of mauruders and save some points.

Mata
21-07-2005, 09:23
I think that 5 daemonettes are optimal.

Zeb
21-07-2005, 09:38
I'm sorry to say it, but I think that your army is to small...
Having almost 1/3 of the army in Characters isn't that necesarry either.

Chosen Warriors on foot isn't the best unit to have (they are quite slow), and with the rest of your list I get the feeling that they will be left behind...

What I would do, is to have one Herd more and a unit of Maruder Horsemen (on the expence of the Chosen Warriors). Beefing up your army in this way would give you a faster force. Maruder Horsmen/Deamonettes/Chosen Knights in one force; the seccond beeing Herds and Spawn.
I would also consider to drop the Deamonic Steed in favor for a ordinary Barded Steed.

With two Herds you would have two units that could benefit from 'Staff of Darkoth' as well.

Good Luck.