PDA

View Full Version : return of space midgets?

Groksnag
15-02-2007, 01:53
Last time I was at GW, a bunch of us were browsing through a 1st ed rulebook, and one of the redshirts made the comment of that the space dwarfs might be comming back, not as dwarfs really, but as gnomes. He said that after all the needed revisions for the races were done, and if there is enough life in 4th edition left by then, then GW might try to bring them back. Im actually interested about this, but thats me.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE SQUATS ARE RETURNING. I am saying that GNOMES might be making an appearance.

Its just a rumor to my knowledge, but I thought Id share it with you all.

Groksnag

Hellebore
15-02-2007, 01:58
........ GNOMES!?

I think someone just yanked your leg clean off and you failed your spot check ;)

The Demiurg are the closest in style to the squats, but ....GNOMES. Dear God, everytime I utter that word I feel all dirty, and small, with a red pointy hat.

Hellebore

Groksnag
15-02-2007, 02:01
hellebore: I couldnt remember what he said the race's name was, but you reminded me what it is. I am very sure that he said it was the Demiurg that might make an appearance. he just referred to them as gnomes.
besides, why would a redshirt lie to someone at the store?

Bestial Fury
15-02-2007, 02:02
Yeah, I have a much better vision of Squats v/s Gnomes. The universe would split in half.

The Dude
15-02-2007, 02:03
besides, why would a redshirt lie to someone at the store?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!:D

The Emperor
15-02-2007, 02:11
LOL! Damn it, Dude!

xenotaph
15-02-2007, 02:12
No, not gnomes. Anything but that! I don't play a certain MMORPG because of all the gnomes! I hate gnomes!!
<Shivers>

Groksnag
15-02-2007, 02:15
how many times do i have to say that the redshirt described them as gnomes, because i didnt know what they were, and thats how he described them to me.

get it through your heads.

Hellebore
15-02-2007, 02:20
No one's making fun of you, just gnomes :)

I seriously think the red shirt was pulling your leg.

Demiurg appearing in 40k would be cool, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Hellebore

xenotaph
15-02-2007, 02:21
But then again, we could paint them with blue skin and call them smurfs. :P

Actually, I would prefer to see another completely alien race. Something that hasn't been done before. Something with 3 arms maybe?

Of all of the remaining fantasy races, I would rather see Lizardmen cross over to 40k than the demiurge or what have you.

Groksnag
15-02-2007, 02:22
he wasnt talking only to me, but about 6 other people too.
still think he was joking/lying?

Hellebore
15-02-2007, 02:26
To be perfectly honest, my red shirt friends and I would get into mock heated debates in front of customers about new releases or new codicies or rules interpretations and convince them that it was true, when it really wasn't.

Not saying that is the case now, but Demiurg would be far out of left field.

Hellebore

Vic
15-02-2007, 02:28
Grok:

He not only pulled your leg, he pummled you with it!!

xenotaph
15-02-2007, 02:29
Couldn't we just mix a dwarfs box set with a space marines box set and call it a day?

MrBigMr
15-02-2007, 02:31
By the Emperor, it's true!
http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/juuso007/Pics/gnomes.jpg

Vic
15-02-2007, 02:32
though if you went with gnomes as troops, pixies could be elites, cherubs fast attack, turtles could be heavies, pink flamingos could be some sort of warp spawn, and gargoyles could be monstrous creatures.....

I need to get some sleep.

Cheers!!

The Dude
15-02-2007, 02:38

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Man, today is a funny day :D

Lyinar
15-02-2007, 02:38
So, would the Travelocity Gnome be a special character? ;)

dugaal
15-02-2007, 02:45
Well, before we get all exceited over GNOMES in space and how its obviously not the name of any comback race; lets look at what gnomes are atypical of in modern fantasy (oxmoron?)

They are usually the epidome of weak/short bodied individuals, while capable of harnessing great technological abilities; In fantasy usually only reprisented by steam-machines or muskets, but copied over to 40k and you get robots! and such.

Perhaps moving away from the bikers and hammers and ale element of the squats, and moving more towards advanced technology; Perhaps they will have more of an understanding of machines than the Imperium (actually fathoming how things work rather then praying to the Machine God and ritualizing it) while at the same time make their tech an offshoot of old Imperial tech. remember Imperial Robots? still have em, limitless grav-tech? that too. etc

or it could all be a load of rubbish

MrBigMr
15-02-2007, 02:54
So, would the Travelocity Gnome be a special character? ;)
What about the Underpants Gnomes? They must have Scout and Hit and Run.
Time to go to work! Work all night!
Search for underpants hey!
We won't stop until we have underpants!
Yum tum yummy tum hey!

Hadrian
15-02-2007, 03:12
Instead of scouts, you could have Garden Gnomes...

This is some of the funniest stuff I've seen all day.

Groksnag: Don't take any of this personally, we're just having some fun with this.

GT Templar
15-02-2007, 03:35
Don't forget special character: Supreme Commander David the Gnome!

Hawkmoon
15-02-2007, 04:01
Don't forget special character: Supreme Commander David the Gnome!

Riding around on his loyal cyber-fox mount!

Hey maybe the redshirt was really a Gnome....wearing stilts or something. And he was just spreading his Gnomish propaganda! Damn commie gnomes!

Lord Malek The Red Knight
15-02-2007, 04:03
*Save Picture As...*

ROFLOL. :D
if only my avatar wasnt a picture of me holding my newborn son... :p

all (good natured) humour aside... he was obviously talking about Demiurg (just chose a bad way of describing them... i hope!). i like the idea of Demiurg in 40K, either as a part of C:Xenos Hunters, a standalone/allies list (like Kroot Mercs), or in 5th ed C:Tau.

~ Tim

Sakura
15-02-2007, 04:10
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/Tidal_Tempest/gnomes.jpg

My aweseome mspaint skills.:rolleyes:

Codex gnome sounds more dark future.:chrome:
Come on, theyre going to put Space marines manliness to shame!

[edit] its too late to put terminator glasses on him.

Codex Dark Gnome is a more mobile and assaulty Gnome race.

Brimstone
15-02-2007, 04:37
I'm tempted to waste this but I'm just going to close it as there is a fair amount of spam and no real news or rumours.

Although this is not really accurate some of you should treat the original poster with a little more respect.

Thread Closed

The Warseer Inquisition