PDA

View Full Version : Ultra killy slayer

eleveninches
15-02-2007, 07:48
315: Daemonslayer (master rune of smiting, skavenslayer, rune of fury, rune of speed, beastslayer)

that's 4 base attacks plus one from the rune of fury, making 5 attacks.
At WS 7, I6
Actual attacks = (number of enemy in combat) x 5
Each unsaved wound causes D6 wounds
Each wound counts as double towards combat resolution.

e.g.
enemy has 5 models in their front rank,
slayer gets 25 WS7 I6 S4 attacks (always wounding on 4+)
enemy has WS4
slayer makes 18 hits
enemy has T4
slayer makes 9 wounds
enemy has heavy armour and saves 2 of the wounds
slayer now causes 21 unsaved wounds (rolls a 3 for wound multiplier)
slayer adds +42 to combat resolution
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or, against high-toughness armies (units with tougness of at least 5):

335: Daemonslayer (master rune of smiting, skavenslayer, rune of fury, rune of speed, vampireslayer)

that's 4 base attacks plus one from the rune of fury, making 5 attacks.
At WS 7, I6
Actual attacks = (number of enemy in combat) x 5
Each unsaved wound causes (D6 x D6) wounds

e.g.
enemy has 5 models in their front rank
slayer gets 25 WS7 I6 S4 attacks (wounding on 4+)
enemy has WS5
slayer makes 14 hits
enemy has T5
slayer makes 7 wounds
enemy has heavy armour (minus armour penetration)
slayer causes 6 basic unsaved wounds
slayer causes a total of 72 wounds (rolls a 3 and a 4 for wound multipliers)
slayer adds +72 to CR

-----------------------------------------
an attached slayer unit (with 4 gianstslayers), used to protect the vunerable combat monster expected to make 12 attacks at WS5, S4, I3 (wounding on 4+)
thats about 8 hits
thats about 4 wounds
thats about 3 unsaved wounds

Jimjim
15-02-2007, 10:24
isn't the rule for unsaved wounds becoming D6 wounds only against multiple-wound foes? like monsters and lords&heroes?

navratil
15-02-2007, 10:52
Yes it is unless you are in a challenge you can overkill for I believe +5 maximum

Zanzibarthefirst
15-02-2007, 10:56
in addition, your attacks are not per person so if you were had 5 attacks and were in close combat with three people, you woudl split your three attacks between them three, you wouldn not get 15 attacks.

eleveninches
15-02-2007, 11:04
skavenslayer allows him to multiply his attacks by the number of enemies in combat. I forgot about the vampireslayer being onnly for enemies with 3 or more wounds, but he could be a beastslayer instead and double comabt resolution

Baindread
15-02-2007, 11:35
skavenslayer allows him to multiply his attacks by the number of enemies in combat.

No, the number of enemies in base contact. And isn't there a maximum of 10 attacks on that skill?

I forgot about the vampireslayer being onnly for enemies with 3 or more wounds,

2 wounds even.

Zanzibarthefirst
15-02-2007, 12:00
i've seen various posts about daemonslayers, vampire slayer etc... but when I have looked in the dwarf army book I dont see any of this. Is it in the storm of chaos army list?

eleveninches
15-02-2007, 12:05
i didnt notice the maximum of 10 attacks. :( thats a shame.

Vattendroppe
15-02-2007, 12:08
Right now I just wish that I had access to the dwarf AL, since this seems all to camembert to be true... If it is legal I hope it'll be fixed in the FAQ/Errata.

eleveninches
15-02-2007, 12:24
No, the number of enemies in base contact. And isn't there a maximum of 10 attacks on that skill? Since the daemonslayer in in a unit with the same number of models in the front rank as the enemy, I thought that all of the enemies front rank would clas as being in base to base combat with him

DeathlessDraich
15-02-2007, 12:53
i've seen various posts about daemonslayers, vampire slayer etc... but when I have looked in the dwarf army book I dont see any of this. Is it in the storm of chaos army list?

i didnt notice the maximum of 10 attacks. :( thats a shame.

Storm of Chaos rules - Skaven Slayer is more or less disallowed in other WHFB.

kruzkal
15-02-2007, 12:53
Since the daemonslayer in in a unit with the same number of models in the front rank as the enemy, I thought that all of the enemies front rank would clas as being in base to base combat with him

Assuming the enemy unit have the same base size as your unit, 3 (coner-to-corner fghting). Unless he is at the corner of your unit and you are being attacked at that flank as well. See p. 33 of rulebook :)

GrandReaper
15-02-2007, 17:30
People can disregard this. There are so many rules mistakes, misinterpretations, and bad math (how can 25 attacks get 18 hits one time against lower WS and only 14 in the next example?) that it is completely irrellevant.

Plus it's from the now "not tournement legal" Slayer army, which is cheesy enough in its own right.

Cheers!