PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Warband

jp22102000
15-02-2007, 23:44
i have been revising the elf warbands for a campaign and the only one i am curious about was this wood elf warband to replace the shadow warriors. i wanted it to be played like a hit and run style warband. i wrote it to be outside the athel loren or on the outskirts of it so that is why there are no tree kin or anything like that.

Wood Elves
The maximum amount of warriors you may have is 12.

Special Rules
Not one of us: Wood Elves are suspicious of other races. Wood Elves may not have hired swords of any type.
Frail: Elves have a maximum toughness of 3 and may not gain strength skills.
Old Ways: Elves find black-powder weapons to noisy and unreliable for their uses. They may not use black powder weapons of any sort.

Skill Table
Name Combat Shooting Academic Strength Speed Special
High Born X X X X X
Champion X X X X
Novice X X X X

Heroes

1 Noble 70gc 20xp
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 6 1 9
Weapons/Armor: Nobles use hero equipment.
Special Rules
Leader: Any warband member within 6 of the Noble may use his Leadership for any Leadership based test.

0-2 Champions 45gc 12xp
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Weapons/Armor: Champions use hero equipment.

0-2 Novices 25gc 0xp
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 3 3 3 3 1 4 1 7
Weapons/Armor: Novices use hero equipment.

Henchmen

0-5 Glade Guard 35gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Weapons/Armor: Glade Guard use Glade Guard equipment.

Eternal Guard 35gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Weapons/Armor: Eternal Guard use Eternal Guard equipment.

Wood Elf Special Skills

Lethal Shot- Few can match the elves accuracy for shooting. The model adds +1 to any rolls on the critical injury chart when using a bow of any sort.

Excellent Sight- The model has good eyesight even for elves. The model may spot hidden enemies within twice his initiative.

Infiltration- Many elves are experts at sneaking forward to spring ambushes. A model with this skill is always placed on the battlefield after the opposing warband and can be placed anywhere on the table as long as it is out of sight of the opposing warband and more than 12" away from any enemy model. If both players have models which infiltrate, roll a D6 for each, and the lowest roll sets up first.

Camouflage Expert- The elf has became expert at hiding himself. Any model attempting to spot this model while hidden must halve their initiative, rounding up.

Wood Elf Equipment
Hero Equipment
Close Combat Weapons
Dagger 1st free/2gc
Sword 10gc
Great Weapon 15gc
Spear 10gc

Missile Weapons
Bow 10gc
Long Bow 15gc
Elf Bow 35gc

Armor
Light 20gc
Helmet 10gc
Shield 5gc

Glade Guard Equipment
Close Combat Weapons
Dagger 1stfree/2gc
Sword 10gc

Missile Weapons
Bow 10gc
Long Bow 15gc

Armor
None

Eternal Guard Equipment
Close Combat Weapons
Dagger 1st free/2gc
Sword 10gc
Spear 10gc

Missile Weapons
None

Armor
Helmet 10gc
Shield 5gc

i was wondering do you find this list too abusable? i have ways to nerf it further but i don't know if its necessary. i don't want players using the elven artillery model but this is the wood elves.

fire-in-my-soul
18-02-2007, 18:52
interesting, but I prefer the shadow elves, and thats coming from a warhammer wood elf player!

Fastforward rlz
22-03-2007, 17:37
Hurm the list looks pretty good. I saw one wood elf list that did not permit certain models to have shooting weapons, which wouldn't abuse shooting as much. I believe it's on Brahmsbook.

Ross
02-04-2007, 12:53
the wife i played using her wood elves, we used Shadow whats-it rules, she reakons it was fantastic, the only change we made was with the magic, where it says about being near shadows, we made it near woods. We were playing a wilderness style campaign.
I like your list as it uses the new models. We decided not to venture that far into rules development lol.