PDA

View Full Version : Luckiest territory rolling

Marked_by_chaos
16-02-2007, 14:07
What is the luckiest you have been when rolling for territories

I think the best I ever did was 2 Archeotech hordes and vents.

Vattendroppe
16-02-2007, 15:32
I think i once started off with 2 archeotechs (one of them roled green hivers), a workshop, a gambling den and one old ruins. The first match I played I also took a spore cave...

Angelwing
16-02-2007, 15:50
unluckiest was rolling slag heaps and old ruins. i always roll at least one slag heap. still at lleast its safe to use and you dont lose much if it gets stolen!

Catferret
16-02-2007, 20:20
I have 3 Settlements, a Spore Cave and a Friendly Doc just now. It's great!

+_Void_Crusaders_+
16-02-2007, 21:24
right now I have 2 settlements, a slag heap (took my gang name from it so I guess it ain't so bad), a holestead and a gambling den. I wouldn't have minded an archeotech horde isntead of the slag heap though :D. I'd roll 6D6 on my very first turn and get as much as possible :D!

Gen_eV
17-02-2007, 00:57
Oh, you lucky buggers!

I've been 'persuaded' that since my gang are a bunch of flthy Xenos (ie Kroot), they wouldn't exactly be friendly with the guilders, so I'm stuck with one lousy Outlaw territory. I'm gonnna keep wandering until I get me that one that hideously scars my gang members...

Catferret
17-02-2007, 01:41
Um, Gen Ev, who told you that? Last time I checked, I was campaign Arbitrator... If you are using the unknown Warriors rules then you get full territories. You can't start outlawed unless you are an Outlander gang.

5 Territories can easily be explained as a substantial Kroot community in the Underhive. As mercenaries they can still trade with Guilders.

Lord Humongous
17-02-2007, 03:01
I think I had a gang start with a workshop, slag, gambling den, holestead, old ruins. I also gained a territory the first fight (from the enemy gang) and it was an archeotech horde, and the second or third fight I gained a settlement (from my ratskin scout) and I also picked up a drinking hole from my 5th or 6th fight, and I think also a friendly doc. I pulled in some pretty good cash, though not as much as you'd expect.

+_Void_Crusaders_+
17-02-2007, 07:57
....I pulled in some pretty good cash, though not as much as you'd expect.

hahaha I hear you! Even though i get turf that is 1-2D6x10, I always roll REALLY badly. I'm almost afraid to use my Den because I'll roll 6 6 or something...

"Yeup... no money tonight boss"
"What a drag..."
"Yeah.... Big fight... We actually lost 120 creds..."
"... ... Well ***...."

Darkhorse
17-02-2007, 08:08
More of a weird fluke than 'lucky' but EVERY non outlander gang in the current campaign rolled up an archeotech horde except me (I got a Gambling Den as my highest paying territory) Evidently we must be sitting on the Motherlode...
Though with 2 Scavvy gangs and some Ratskins they might not be available indefinately.
I have the highest number of territories in the campaign now, (10) 4 of which are Slag.
My starting territories were;
Vents/ Friendly Doc./ Gambling Den/ Settlement/ Slag.
Additions to my growing empire are;
Old Ruins/ Slag/ Slag/ Slag/ Scroflous Wastes.
Next week I might have enough gangers to work 'em...

Kedlav
18-02-2007, 22:06
Settlement, Settlement, Settlement, Friendly Doc, Workshop. I've had two archeotech's before, but this one took the cake. I was never short on fodder for that campaign.

EVIL INC
19-02-2007, 00:57
Oh, you lucky buggers!

I've been 'persuaded' that since my gang are a bunch of flthy Xenos (ie Kroot), they wouldn't exactly be friendly with the guilders, so I'm stuck with one lousy Outlaw territory. I'm gonnna keep wandering until I get me that one that hideously scars my gang members...

Cats right, always go to the boss to find out for sure. besides, look at it this way,
1. guilders are more worried about $ then what thier associates look like.
2. kroot would serve as exceptionally good scapegoats in case of an emergency down the road so the guilders would want to keep them handy in case they are needed to take a fall (not that they would ever actually let the kroot know this)
3. They would serve as good muscle. The exotic-ness of them would make them as fearsome as ogryns to the comman citizen.
4. Surely the kroot would have different views and ideas that might actually be usefull in thier own right.
I am sure you and others can come up with more ideas.

devolutionary
19-02-2007, 07:33
I've got my best right now with my new band - Guilder Contract, Tunnels, Water Still, Slag, and Doc. Last time... yeah, no comment >.<

The_Dragon_Rising
20-02-2007, 17:55
Mine atm are terrible, 2x Guilder Contact,Slag,Tunnels,Chempit whereas my friend and opponent rolled,(from memory),2 Green Herders(the choose your own ones),1 Tunnels,1 Vents,1 Guilder Contact.
Suffice to say credit wise im getting totally owned

Catferret
20-02-2007, 18:00
Hope you find an Isotropic Fuel Rod to convert that Slag then. Chem Pit may not provide a lot of creds but it gives you a very good chance to cause Fear on your Gangers. Send any of the close combat ones there to get scarred up. The 2 Guilder Contacts will give you a lot of bonus creds if you play the Scavengers mission a lot.

The_Dragon_Rising
20-02-2007, 18:49
The 2 Guilder Contacts will give you a lot of bonus creds if you play the Scavengers mission a lot.

That poses a question we also had.
With things like guilder contact and Friendly Doc are you allowed to have them both trgger on the same thing? We thought no as for the doc forexample it makes no sense that you can sell the same corpse to two different people. If somebody could clarify that.

As for the quote as of yet we have played no scavenger missions, we've had about 3 ambush's, 5 gang fights, 1 rescue(i lost this ridiculously badly, ie 2 men dead),and 3 shoot-outs.

Lord Humongous
20-02-2007, 20:31
I never could understand why people buy the Isotropic Fuel Rod. The new settlement rarely boosts your gangs income into the next bracket, and even if it does, it will take many, many games to pay for itself. I'd rather just keep the cash and use it to hire more juves / gangers / hired guns, and go take somebody else's territory,

Catferret
21-02-2007, 04:12
Dragon, think of the Guilder Contact as a bidding war between different Guilders who want a particular item. The Friendly Docs could be buying different body parts.

Humungous, The Settlement may not be a lot of Creds but it has a stable income, the D6x10 Territories may always roll a 1 or 2 if you are cursed with bad dice. Also don't forget the free Juves from Settlements. Being able to replace losses for free is great.

Gen_eV
21-02-2007, 23:22
Righto, so I'm gonna be able to get some territories rolled up next time then! Also I'll be buying myself a Juve, who'll be the errand boy (or girl. Equal opportunities and all that, plus the Escher models are rather tasty...) - a human who gets sent shopping in the slightly more Xenophobic areas. ;)

Hicks
25-02-2007, 17:24
NOt a terrain per se, but in our first ever campaign, I ended capturing 3 of my friends gangers at the end of game one. His force was so reduced that he could never succeed in an attempt to free them. I was really rich soon with all those slaves working in the mine.

JMMelo
26-02-2007, 17:32
rolloing in front of a friend of mine, I got 2 settlements, 1 archeotech, 1 spore caves and 1 friendly doc.... 3 games later I had 3 extra juves and 2 ganguers with scars :)

Nicho
07-04-2007, 13:15
just rolled for my territories. got 2 holesteads, 2 settlements and a mineral outcrop :D

Sir_Turalyon
10-04-2007, 21:02
Not exactly a lucky roll, but when I made a Cawdor band themed after my current goverment coalition (union of religious freaks, right-wing populists and plain populists), they got one settlement, three ruins and friendly doc... gues after bringing three of four settlements to ruin they need a help of physican ;).

Magistrate
11-04-2007, 03:43
I got a Mineral Outcropping, Gambling Den, Friendly Doc, Vents and a Chem Pit. Conveinently, my ganger that's had characteristic boosts towards S, WS, etc, fell in the Chem Pit. Now he causes Fear. :evilgrin: