PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep the stunty league

tenpole
16-02-2007, 17:00
It was proposed after the stunty tournament that the stunty teams be either disbanded or go to play outside of warseer. I however propose that after the tournament we keep the stunty league, maybe put the teams in a seperate league so there is no two teams infringement of the official warseer league. I have enjoyed playing a game when during your last few turns you suddenly remember that you had better do something with the ball. What ball?

So what does everyone else think?

Riddy
16-02-2007, 17:24
Yea i love the stunties, it gives me a break from my usual team (since the only games i play on fumbbl are wbbl matches) and its always fun to have games where you dont care about....well....anything, players can die and you could lose 6-0, its still going to be fun when there are 5 players left on the pitch in total after the 1st half.

Deng Ham
16-02-2007, 17:40
I love the throw away mentality of a stunty team. And becouse the players are not expected to do mutch nor to hard to replace. I can laugh if they get killed going for it. Stunty teams are fun becouse of the low cost, expectations, life time they have. And that I know they will only be around for so long.

When I coach a team I'm used to plan long into the future. Just look at my wood elf team. I have listed 5 skills that I want on my treeman... And it was great to know that the NZS shoud only play this one turnament.

But hey. I'd like to have the New Zaggarund Steaks lying around and play with some other day. But I think it woud be better to run a turnament. Autobot said something about having 4 turneys a year. I woud like to have 2 or 3 real WBBL turneys and 1 or 2 stunty turney a year.

This woud give us all a break from the serious / hard / competative games we normaly play. But not often enough that it loose it power.

Arkzein
16-02-2007, 17:50
I actually quite like the idea as well. Of course even more relaxed that we have now, which is quite laid back itself. Play away and throw in the odd tournament for a laugh where we don't need to worry about a time limit too much.

Type of thing I was putting cross before, no SPP friendlies with our league teams but more relaxed fun things like this for the frindlies. Great craic. :)

PhrollikK
16-02-2007, 19:56
I created the Riverside Rat Wranglers for a reason: to play games! I would love to keep them playing in tourneys/leagues under the WBBL banner, or rather the shadow of the banner! It's great fun and a league or two now and again beside the "official" WBBL is a great way to extend the fun :)

th0r
20-02-2007, 08:00
I just find it funny how everyone was complaining about having to play 1-2 games a week through round robin play, yet this tournament everyone has played 3 games in just over a week! I hope we can keep up this level of participation.

Yorkiebar
20-02-2007, 09:13
I voted no on this. Stunty games were great fun and I'll keep my team in reserve for future tourneys, but I think they should be quick fun tourneys between seasons rather than a full-time group.

th0r
20-02-2007, 09:47
I agree. It's fun, but I think it should only be every now and again to not detract from the main league. My idea is to start having more tournaments that are quick and have a theme. Such as having a chaos cup that would reward players for casualties and elf bowls that would reward TD's. Then in addition to this we would have the big tournaments like the fumbbl cup that would be less frequent in order to give teams the time to prepare.

PhrollikK
20-02-2007, 10:16
I agree with th0r. Though my gripe with the Stunty league is that only certain teams are available. I would like to have chosen an other team but felt rushed into selecting the Squig Herders, who pretty much proved to be utter crap. Yeah it's meant to be fun but if the only thing you are playing for is avoiding OFAB then you're playing yourself, not the opponent and that detracts from the fun quite a bit :eyebrows:

th0r
20-02-2007, 10:24
Yeah, as a fellow Squigg player I felt constantly frustrated. Although a lot of it had to do with the aging of my squigg on first skill. The fact that the secret weapons for Squigg Herders come with so many disadvantages and only have agility access means the team is fighting an uphill battle. Having said that, I lost fair and square to my opponents who played good games. I just feel that some of the teams are a bit unbalanced in comparison to others. If we do play future stunty tournaments I will be playing a different team.

Fredox
20-02-2007, 11:45
Well I voted for 'Skizz landed in Birmingham'. Only because I haven't played in the tournement but I'd love to play against you guys in a stunty league so I hope they stay around.

Deng Ham
20-02-2007, 15:02
I just find it funny how everyone was complaining about having to play 1-2 games a week through round robin play, yet this tournament everyone has played 3 games in just over a week! I hope we can keep up this level of participation.

There are 2 tings that I thing need saying.
1: Stunty games take mutch less time to play.
2: We never got past the exitement of a new thing. Had the turney been going on for a fiew more rounds I think we woud have seen a lagging of games.