PDA

View Full Version : BoC Minotaur army w/ ambushers?

navratil
17-02-2007, 02:23
I was just reading through the BoC book and came up with this idea for a really dominant force however I dont know if it would work or not, If you use a doombull can you make a wargor the general to get the ambush skill? with 4 special choices you can easily field 3 units of 5-6 minotaurs while having enough beastherds to ambush and disrupt their tactics, also while having a unit of fluries for a fast screen or charge. I dunno if it is illegal or not does anyone know Cause it would seem pretty dominant to have a relatively all minotaur list with the ability to get into their artillery and troops 2nd turn while having a massive ott group of 20minotaurs with gw running down the field w/ possibly 2 units of 4 dragon ogres as well.

Xavier
17-02-2007, 03:23
The model with the highest leadership must be the general, so with a leadership of 9 that will always be the doom bull in a beast of chaos army.

As you said the only way you could do it is just to take them as special choices.

navratil
17-02-2007, 03:37
It would still work I think even without the doombull that frees up massive points. Another couple units of hounds etc would be enough for 1-2turns of screening.

Xavier
17-02-2007, 04:02
Be careful with hounds, panic in a beast of chaos army is a very bad thing, especially given their horde nature.

Using them as screens to protect a unit, is all well and good until they get wiped out, cause panic in the screened unit and make it run.

navratil
17-02-2007, 04:18
Well they would be screens for my taurs which are khorne and have frenzy so dosent matter to much .

Makaber
17-02-2007, 14:08
Panic with Minotaurs usually aren't a problem, since they're commonly either Undivided (reroll), Khornate (Frenzied), or Slaanesh (Immune).

Reading through your post, I get the feeling you've misunderstood a little how the Doombull works. First, you ask if you can have a Doombull and then making a Wargor the general, but the following example has nothing to do with that setup at all, since you mention having lots of Minotaurs as your special choices. Just to clear it up, the Doombull makes you able to take Minotaurs as a Core choice instead of a Special choice. No matter what general you have, you can always take Minotaurs as a special choice. You shouldn't feel obliged in any way to have a Doombull general even if your army is heavy on Minotaurs, because it's in no way mandatory.

In fact, I'd say a Minotaur heavy army is a lot better with a Beastlord general and some ambushing herds. It just opens up a lot of interesting possibilities, like crashing the Minotaurs into the enemy the same turn you ambush a couple of small herds behind the same units. Hopefully the enemy units should break to the Minotaur charge, and maybe flee into the Beastherds. You can even include a Wargor with the horn that automatically prevents a unit from rallying, for additional mayhem.

fearchanges
18-02-2007, 17:20
I think there´s a way of taking a beast lord as general.
I don´t have my book at hand, a friend "borrowed" it, and I usually don´t play with special characters, but if you´re playing a 3k game and take a doombull and a special character with LD 9 and the ambush rule, then this is possible.
I think Khazrak the one-eye is the one you´re looking for.

Sasha
19-02-2007, 09:58
khazrak is leadership 8, you want gorthor

Irakaz
19-02-2007, 10:52
khazrak is leadership 8, you want gorthor
Khazrak will be the army general regardless of other models leadership so you can use him and have a doombull.