PDA

View Full Version : 2k WE Orion Wild Hunt

IronBrother
17-02-2007, 05:16
Here is my very fast 2k Orion list, tell me what you think.

Heroes:
Orion (no hounds) 575 Points
Noble- Wild Rider, Great Stag, Annoyance of Netlings (Stag is harder to kill that a T3 elf) 185 points

Core:
Wild Riders - 5 w/ Full Command six of these units 166 points each
Glade Riders - 5 two of these units 120 points each

1996 points

RavenBloodwind
18-02-2007, 22:01
Wow, that's one fast list!

But seriously, I think your complete absence of magic protection may put you and serious risk from magic heavy lists (lizards, HE, VC). (okay the magic resist on the wild riders is not a COMPLETE absence of protection, but you get my point)

Having 8 high-speed units should allow you to pick your fights and squash risk from war machines fairly quickly. Not sure if I would put a standard in every wild rider unit as the units are small and that's a lot of potential VPs for your opponent. That said, obviously they need the extra combat res, so it's a trade off.

I think you may find you do very well against most lists but things with lots of shooting and things with lots of magic may really wear you out. Be sure to take out mages as a top priority.

Keep us updated on how it plays.

enyoss
18-02-2007, 22:36
Don't you worry that might get a tiny bit boring to play? :) Also, it could be a bit crammed in your deployment zone.

I'd be reluctant to shell out for the models, as you only get one configuration of army for your cash. Instead I'd go for a far more balanced force... you can always springboard to this kind of list afterwards.

Cheers,

enyoss