PDA

View Full Version : BFG Modelling Q.

Stormire
17-02-2007, 21:08
OKay, yeah i'm new to BFG, but since i can't build my fleet for the next 17 months, i'll ask the only pertinent question before I start designing my Imperial Fleet...some of the types of Grand Cruisers, Light Cruisers, etc. cannot be bought, I assume you have to mix and match parts to make them...is this accurate? if you need examples of what I potentially would want to make, let me know.

ArtificerArmour
17-02-2007, 21:54
17 months? wtf?

Stormire
17-02-2007, 22:27
i'm in the Peace Corps, and that's the time I return to a place where i know people who play GW games. Since Hobby Stores are non-exsistant where i am stationed, but computers and internet access are plentiful, i'm designing lists and purchase priority for all my hobbies, 40k, paintball, etc. etc. and i'm looking into getting into BFG and also Blood Bowl.

bertcom1
17-02-2007, 23:06
The Imperial grand cruiser model can be built as several different classes of grand cruiser, it comes with bits to do that, if I recall.

Except for the Dauntless, the Imperial light cruisers are not available as models, you have to build/convert your own.

fracas
18-02-2007, 01:00
if you don't see the Dauntless lised, conduct a search for it.

USABOB
18-02-2007, 08:06
All of the Imperial grand cruisers use the vengeance as a base, it uses the plastic weapons found in chaos and imperial cruiser/battleship boxes if you want to make any other variant. An Apocalypse battleship box contains parts to make an Oberon (actually any variant of Imperial battleship can be made from any box, the prow is the only thing that differs). Dauntless light cruisers are still sold online, but you have to search for it as they are hidden. The Endeavour, Endurance and Defiant light cruisers have no models because the mold broke. These require some type of conversion/proxy to represent them, I went the route of plastic batteries on dauntless light cruisers (they turned out nice in my opinion).

I think those are all of the Imperial ship types that are not mentioned in the online store.