PDA

View Full Version : 2k semi-final wood elf list.

Xenageo
20-07-2005, 23:45
Well, after some experimentation I'm pretty happy with a general all purpose WE list I've put together, and looking for criticism on it.

Spellweaver, level 4, 4 dispel scrolls
Noble, alter kindred, GW, LA.
Noble, alter kindred, GW, LA, hail of doom arrow.

8 dryads
8 dryads
8 dryads
5 glade riders
5 glade riders
5 glade riders
5 glade riders

6 wardancers
6 wardancers
6 wild riders, FC, war banner
6 wild riders, FC

models: 71
unit strength: 103
power dice: 6
dispel dice: 4
dispel scrolls: 4

The gameplan is taking out any hugely mobile threats with the HoDA and glade rider shooting/life magic (though I realise with only 6 power die I won't get that much going off). The alter nobles hang around where their manouverability/hitting power is most necessary, while the AM locks down magic for 2-3 turns until some enemy mages can be taken out. I'm looking at the glade riders generally as flankers, with the wild riders going for slightly harder units, preferably in a combined charge with an alter noble or wardancers. The wardancers themselves will be character assassinating and adding some necessary punch, and along with dryads providing with me the manouverability to take out any random enemy threats.

The options open to me that I'm still messing around with some, are the possibilities of dropping 5 riders/6 dancers for 6 more wild riders and a great eagle, and switching around an alter noble and maybe a couple of champions from the wild riders for another level 2. With all that said, though, I am mostly content with this list for now. (though, I'm not sure how to use the last ten points, and I guess the list could still use some final tweaks)

Thoughts/opinions/criticism all welcome. =)

Scanno
21-07-2005, 20:54
Why have 10 pts left over? Surely there's something you can spend it on.
Also, I don't know about giving I6 elves great weapons. They're great in the hands of an I3 orc big boss, but if I played elves (and I intend to, when the welvses are officially launched) I'd hate to waste that opportunity to go first.
Just a couple of thoughts...

Naghaz
21-07-2005, 21:48
Why have 10 pts left over? Surely there's something you can spend it on.

Agreed, there must be something... :)

Also, I don't know about giving I6 elves great weapons. They're great in the hands of an I3 orc big boss, but if I played elves (and I intend to, when the welvses are officially launched) I'd hate to waste that opportunity to go first.
Just a couple of thoughts...

He has altered on the two elves with great weapons meaning they will have incredible movement which is best used to get the charge. I'm assuming the plan then is to hit a unit simotaniously with these two or with another unit and obliterate the enemy in one turn thus, no additional rounds of combat to worry about inititive with.

g0ddy
22-07-2005, 19:03
not only do they have m9, but they are also i9 not 6 ;)

- g0ddy

Xenageo
23-07-2005, 03:00
Yeah, the alter nobles are there to add some punch to wild rider units on the charge, and possibly protect against characters on flyers -- the s6 is pretty essential, but I doubt I'll ever end up dragging into another round of combat with it.

And, I guess I could get an enchanted shield with the last ten points. Or, maybe drop a unit of dryads for another alter noble with GW/LA.

edit: other than that, though - is there anything wrong with the list?