PDA

View Full Version : My Space Wolves Background

The Black Knight
20-02-2007, 10:48
Here is the background for my wolves

Hope you enjoy
The Black Knight

Sven walked down the corrior from the resting place of the ancients. He had listened to Bjorn the Fell-Handed recite the sagas from the days when the glorius Leman Russ walked on Fenris. During this, Bjorn mentioned about the Emperor not wishing to be worshipped as a God, but that the human colonies swear loyalty to him.

Speaking to Grethir and Leman Russ, Sven and the Wolf Guard Leader Njordsyr Bloodhound were permitted to show their respect to the Emperor and destroy temples and cathederals in His name.

Hows that for an idea?

rickie8437
20-02-2007, 11:24
bit harsh

as the wolfs wouldnt attack imperial forces as they are one of the most loyal chapters there is

your talking about the wolfs of fenris starting a war against the imperial chruch

not good

Feor
20-02-2007, 11:38
Yeah, any Great Company that started doing that would be getting a visit from the Grey Knights and Sororitas in short order. (and they wouldn't be stopping in for tea)

Grimtuff
20-02-2007, 11:56
Space Marines (esp. the first founding Legions) are fully aware that the Emperor is treated as a man by them, a great influential man, but a man nonetheless.

This is of course diluted by later SM Chapters who can be adherents to the Imperial Cult just as much as the random frothing loony Preacher on the corner of your nearest Hive World.

So SW would in no way worship the Emperor in the same manner as the Imperial Cult on the simple basis of the fact they're on of the original legions who's ideologies are shaped by their Primarch, who was funnily enough in direct contact with the Emperor. ;)

ss_cherubael
20-02-2007, 12:10
Yeah as grimtuff said there would be no need for something like this to happen as the Wolves see him as a man and dont care how others see him. But knowing how senile Bjorn can be i wouldnt put it past him accidentally sending some over zelous young hot head off down the war path on a collision course with the church.

The Black Knight
20-02-2007, 12:21
Fair enough, it was just a random idea i had in my head. I'll probably just stick with the normal fluff then (hunting enemies of the Emperor etc)

Cheers anyway
The Black Knight

rickie8437
20-02-2007, 18:49
if you want to do something along them lines, then why dont you use a rogue cardinal that has crupted a large number of battle sisters and guard as his own private army and the wolfs have been sent in to remove the bad cardinal from office, as guard and sisters of battle have tryed and fail, what would do it is a great company of wolfs

hows that

rick

Grimtuff
20-02-2007, 20:12
if you want to do something along them lines, then why dont you use a rogue cardinal that has crupted a large number of battle sisters and guard as his own private army and the wolfs have been sent in to remove the bad cardinal from office, as guard and sisters of battle have tryed and fail, what would do it is a great company of wolfs

hows that

rick

*Deciphers post, is still confused*

Why would the SW be sent in to destroy members of the Imperial Cult? How exactly has said Cardinal corrupted them? You can't just say "Oh because the Deify the Emperor" as that's a binary opposite to the SW's belief system.

There's more to it than that. Look at the whole thing with Cardinal Bucharius, after this incdent the SW and Ecclisiarchy have never seen eye to eye, but Marines have never gone on some kind of jihad just because the Imperial Cult differs from their beliefs (the opposite has happened though) Hell, SM chapters would be at one another's throats all the time if they went into open war all the time with any other chapter whose beliefs differed from their own.

rickie8437
20-02-2007, 20:34
yes i know that

but what i was trying to say was that the space wolfs are sent in because reg troops cant do it

was thinking of the reign of blood thing, when the marines whent up against that bad dude

Kandarin
20-02-2007, 21:20
If that sort of background really appeals to you, perhaps you should play the Word Bearers instead.

WLBjork
21-02-2007, 00:09
The Age of Apotasy I think you're after, when the aforementioned Cardinal Bucharis decided he wanted to be Emperor, took the segmentum fleet and proceeded to waste them on Fenris, up to the return of Grimblood from a crusade.