PDA

View Full Version : That's one big bug

Brimstone
21-07-2005, 18:54
Mongoose have released a preview of their plastic plasma bug, not looking bad at all even if I do say so.

Brother Frog
21-07-2005, 19:16
When I saw this on the Mongoose website (or was it Signs & Portents?), I felt it was a suitable excuse to dig out the DVD.

That Plasma Bug is too small when compared to the ones in the film. Still, I suppose it wouldn't be as expensive...

Rykion
21-07-2005, 19:31
It might not be to scale, but its huge. At least it is made of plastic and is reasonably priced. The only way to make it to scale would be to make it resin, and then it would be really expensive.

t-tauri
22-07-2005, 22:52
Have to say I find the Mongoose bugs to be very static and stiffly posed. All the legs in the same position doesn't look right.

:0)
23-07-2005, 06:06
Why does it have giant toy hinges on its back wings? :(

xenopsyllus
24-07-2005, 06:04
Why does it have giant toy hinges on its back wings? :(Because they're that big and need a hinge that big to support them. Just pose it how you like and dab a bit of green stuff in the hinge to cover it up. Simple enough. :)

The Rover
24-07-2005, 15:23
Wow. I'm not impressed. It reminds me too much of a 4 dollar giant rubber beetle I could buy at Wal Mart. I was originally impressed with the Warriors, but the follow on bug models haven't nearly impressed me as much, and seem to be getting worse in quality. I dunno though, might just be the generic paintjob.

Rabid Bunny 666
24-07-2005, 16:47
Have to say I find the Mongoose bugs to be very static and stiffly posed. All the legs in the same position doesn't look right.

not really, the legs are really fiddly to put together due to you needing to put the legs in first before gluing the abdomen together, its just easier to do, but mine are in different poses

i like it, its huge and killy, but i'd stick with cheaper tanker bugs :evilgrin:

xenopsyllus
25-07-2005, 00:58
I dunno though, might just be the generic paintjob.I'm starting to like the way Mongoose paints their models to a good table top standard and not to such a high standard that most players won't be able to compete with it. Kind of uses the "I can beat that" approach to encourage players to paint. None of the disapointment when you can't paint as well as the models on the box. :D

jazzdude78
25-07-2005, 23:56
I like the light up scratch built one some guy onf Mongooses forums has better but its still pretty spiff