PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim! OR Why I fell for Ratmen....and why I'd like some help

samtheman
21-07-2005, 19:59
Because I have. 'Nuff said, really. A few friends started a Mordheim campaign going and I had the opportunity to make a warband. any one. And I chose Skaven. Because hordes of massive, mutated rat-men are the way to go, of course.

So, I've played two games and had a good record with two wins so far. So, question is, what should I be going for with this warband? Any hints, tactical or otherwise? Tricks you've used?

My list is, so far,

Assassin's adept with the blades coated in the poison for +1 strength (Sorry, I don't hve the rulebook or warband sheet with me....) and a sling. Helmet.

2 Black skaven, spears and slings. One with a helmet.

1 Sorceror, with the spell that forces re-rolls of all successful rolls. Armed with a sling.

2 nightrunners, both with WS up to 3, both with slings and more equipment to come.

8 Verminkin, 2X clubs and a sling for each

3 Giant rats

And 1 wyrdstone shard, some gold, and a sword in the group stockpile.

Right. Any help muchly appreciated.

McMullet
22-07-2005, 11:43
You seem to have the right idea. Lots of heroes for lots of income, and lots of cheap henchmen to swarm over the enemy. Only thing I might advise is giving the verminkin another club, 2 weapons is better than one weapon and a dagger IMHO. Other than that, keep going as you are and you'll do well, bloody skaven can be horrible when they've had a few advances!

Vberg
22-07-2005, 21:54
You seemed to have assembled a good warband there. Unlike my friend who's starting Saven waband consisted of a grand total of four models :wtf: . It was quite weird me having a Reikland warband that outnumbers him two to one!

Clance
09-04-2007, 19:40
Wow This is kinda cheesy slingy army no?

Lord 0
16-04-2007, 15:06
Rabbit's feet and lucky charms are awesome value for money. Skaven really benifit from an unholy relic too. I think there is a warhorn or something you can get also that will help with rout tests, but I forget which expansion it is in.

Also, Hunch and Tactician (I think that is what it is called) are some of the awesomest skills for your leader.

Don't be afraid to rout. Sticking around too long can lose you a lot more than not winning one scenario. Evaluate what you can win by winning the scenario compared to what you will win by routing with all 6 of your heroes fully intact. In many cases all the winner gets is +1 xp for the leader and this is not enough to risk several heroes out-of-action imao. Remember - it is a marathon, not a sprint.

marv335
25-04-2007, 22:28
my skaven warband contains five heroes and two groups of four henchmen.
13 warriors.
as long as I have 13 models at the start of the game I've never lost.
It's weird. when I started with 12 (due to injuries) i lost. when I went up to 14, I lost.
but if I play with 13 i win.

must be the power f the horned rat at work.