PDA

View Full Version : 2K Points Army

Weapon
21-02-2007, 05:42
Here is a 2000 point list using 2 Battalion Boxes, an additional box of Clanrats, and the few weapons teams and heroes I have. I don't have Jezzails, and the only thing I am leaving off are Rat Ogres. I have more Night Runners around, taht can be used as Gutter Runners if I want. Also, I need help choosing Banners to run in these units.

General

Grey Seer

Screaming Bell
4 Warpstone Tokens
Dispell Scroll
The Foul Pendant
Warpstone Charm

Heroes

Battle Standard Bearer

Heavy Armor
Shield (can the standard bearer carry a shield? I think he can)
Umbranner
With the Bell unit

2x Warlock Engineer

Full setup other than Pistol
1 with Dispel Scroll, 1 with Storm Daemon

Core

2x 20 Slaves

30 Clanrats

Full Command
1 Warpfire Thrower

29 Clanrats (with BSB, toting Bell)

Full Command
Ratling Gun

2x 2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

2 Giant Rat Packs

Special

40 Plague Monks

Full Command
Banner of the Swarm

5 Gutter Runners

2 Hand weapons
Poisoned Hand Weapons
Throwing Stars
Tunneling Team

Rare

Warplightning Cannon

Total: 1999

I would have jezzails and more warlightning cannons if I could, but I just don't have them.

Weapon
21-02-2007, 05:43
Also, other things that would be at my disposal

4 Rat Ogres, 15 Night Runners, and whatever kind of configuration that can be made out of what I listed.

Weapon
21-02-2007, 07:35
Hmm, I guess with the BSB in the Bell unit, I could take off the 10 points for the standard bearer in that unit, and take the model out, giving me 15 extra points, which would end up adding to 19 (with the 4 points I am missing from my list) so I could take another 2 man unit of Globadiers, since my friends wouldn't mind playing against a 2001 point army.

EDIT: Forgot I was already running 2 units of Globadiers. I guess I just have 19 points leftover, and nothing to really use them with. I may just have to blow them on Warpstone Tokens.

EDIT 2: Should the BSB GO in a unit? Or would he be a bit too easy to kill in b2b fighting? I assume if he doesn't roll with the unit, his banner is pretty useless, but I really have never used a BSB before, so I don't really know how to utilize them.

Voltaire
21-02-2007, 08:17
Keep the banner in the Bell unit. The cumulative banner effect in 7th ed is definitely your friend. The bell might be able to hit hard but you need to be careful with it.

Also, please please PLEASE put a musician on the slaves. It might not seem like much but it will make all the difference one day.

Weapon
21-02-2007, 08:25
Keep the banner in the Bell unit. The cumulative banner effect in 7th ed is definitely your friend. The bell might be able to hit hard but you need to be careful with it.

Also, please please PLEASE put a musician on the slaves. It might not seem like much but it will make all the difference one day.

Wait, so what is the cumulative standard effect? I can use the bonus from both standards or something? I am really out of date on rules. and the musician points will help add towards the total, that will work well

IE Should I buy a standard bearer for the unit I have my Chieftan in?

Voltaire
21-02-2007, 08:34
Yes, BSB & unit standard = +2 CR in 7th Edition.

Weapon
21-02-2007, 08:37
Yes, BSB & unit standard = +2 CR in 7th Edition.

Wow, cool. I guess it will be kinda weird seeing 2 banners, but it would look pretty sweet on either side of the bell. I'll update the list

Weapon
21-02-2007, 08:43
Its updated now.

The setup I was considering would be something like Clanrats with bell dead center, with a Slave Screen in front of it and the detachment. Depending on my opponents deploy, I would put the big block of Monks on one side, and the big block of Clanrats on the other, screening one of which with the other slaves, just not sure which one. The Globadiers and Engineers would be placed for maximum damage to some ranks or armored characters, with the Warp Lightning Cannon on one of the hills. Not sure about the Giant Rats, as I have never used them or seen them used, so they may just run up a flank or something, or become a speedbump. Not sure. The Tunnelers would obviously TUNNEL to take out warmachines, or just attack from behind.

That should cover it. Anything I should tweak in my approach?

Weapon
21-02-2007, 18:49
I guess there aren't any glaring problems then, or something anyone wants to fix, so I'll roll with this.