PDA

View Full Version : Cawdor

Spartan-001: Master Chief
21-02-2007, 20:57
I have been given a cawdor gang and i was just wondering are they any good? ( as i've never played necromunda before )

spartan

Elfhater
21-02-2007, 22:55
I personally think that Cawdor gangs are good (My favourite House, actually), but a lot of people don't like them. Mainly this is probably due to the models. They are a close combat orientated gang, but all the ganger models are armed with basic weapons held close to their chests, and their house weapons list doesn't have a single close combat weapon apart from knives and chainswords (the second of which you can't give to anyone bar the Leader until after your first campaign game). :eyebrows:

That being said, Cawdor gangs do have some advantages. Their House weapons give them access to Boltguns & pistols (Not exactly the most reliable of weapons, but they do get some people's attention), and more importantly Hand Flamers, which are one-shot Flamers and are worth more than their price of 20 credits to be honest.

A sneaky trick is arming Cawdor Juves with Hand Flamers so that they actually can hit someone while shooting! ;)

Kedlav
22-02-2007, 06:53
No, the real sneaky trick is taking a heavy and giving him a hand flamer. Stick him on overwatch when someone gets close, pop them with the hand flamer to pin them, then DAKKA DAKKA!

Dranthar
25-02-2007, 09:54
IMO Hand Flamers alone are worth it with Cawdor. It's a pity about the lack of HTH weapons (pistols aside) and poorly equipped minatures, but who needs any of that when you can give everyone hand flamers? :evilgrin:

Catferret
25-02-2007, 10:02
Or Bolt Pistols! It's amazing how effective that is! Just ask weregerbil in my campaign.

Weregerbil
25-02-2007, 13:24
Bolt pistols? What bolt pistols? No bolt pistols here honest.

But yeah they are great.

ash_wednesday
28-02-2007, 20:50
The cawdors were my first house in Necromunda. They were ok besides the fact that the models didn't work with the skills and such. Hard to convert. But I did like the look of them. Has the whole cult thing working with them...

matthew_wakely
07-03-2007, 07:02
It seems a bit cheap to be able to use flamers on overwatch, can you really do that?